Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are currently offline message frequently since last Samsung update

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 02:25 PM)
Oliviatwisted
Apprentice
Options
It appears since the last Samsung update, I keep getting you are currently offline but yet I'm not but it then freezes until it appears it connects again. 
I've got a Samsung S20 FE 
Anyone else had this? 
30 REPLIES 30
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Turning flight mode on
For about 10 seconds
Then turn it off
And see if helps resolve the issue
0 Likes
Oliviatwisted
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I do try this but surely I shouldn't have to do this all the time. I've had the phone nearly a year and it's only just started doing it so it must be something that's changed recently. I don't have issues with any other devices and work from home so ots not the router, only happens on my phone and my partner has just got an S21 FE and it's doing it on his too
AndrewL
Options

@Oliviatwisted: Please close down any apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button, just in case one of them is attempting to perform an action in the background, resulting in the notification you're seeing. I'd also try resetting your router, or connecting to another router to see if the 'you are offline' notifications continue. 

If the issue persists, please try pressing the Volume Down and Power/Side keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Don't worry this won't affect your personal data or settings. Following the restart, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Optimise Now, then select Memory > Clean Now. 

0 Likes
Oliviatwisted
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your advice, Yes I always close down recent apps qnd carry out device management. It's not my router as happens when I'm connected to my parents router and like I said, no other devices that I use have an issue when connected to my router. My other half also has the issue when he is at his home. I work in IT so check my devices and router routinely as I need it work from home all the time. Its just odd how it's only just started and nothing else is affected and its not just my samsung phone that it happens to
Members_8Cnf7Je
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've recently had the Samsung S20fe and some of my contacts when trying to send me messages says that I'm offline and the message doesn't send. It started after the last Samsung update. So confused

Members_llyO6ov
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue ever since upgrading to the galaxy s22 5g. It's pretty frustrating when it interrupts what I'm trying to do.

SassyM
First Poster
Options
Same happens all the time. Seems mainly to happen in Facebook app. Very frustrating
Click34
Explorer
Options

Galaxy S22 Ultra and the same problem here. Nothing wrong with my router or Internet connection.

My partner has the same phone and hers does not do it.

La_Sol
Student
Options

This error and its side effects is driving me nuts. I'm using an S20 Ultra. It cuts off all social media connections and music streaming also. When screen is turned off I get about five minutes of play and then Tidal cuts off as the connection is cut. Whatsapp and Messenger messages sync only after screen is on and connection is established again. So when I have the phone in my pocket I'm reachable only by normal calls and sms.

I've tried EVERYTHING during last couple of months. I even resorted to a full factory reset, which is a monumental task without changing to another device. Takes two days to take backups and set everything up again. And still, no joy. Wifi on or off, doesn't matter. One of the firmware updates, probably during Q1, broke something.

I'm seriously considering ditching Samsung and getting some other phone.