Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wireless charging S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 06:23 PM)
Baz2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi I'm charging my S20 Ultra on the samsung duo and the samsung single charger but it seems very slow sometimes taken all night from flat,  the s20 ultra is using 3.0 One UI version and Android version 11 I've even taken the phone out of the case just in case it is the case that is doing it but it's still the same I've noticed  it for at least the past few weeks at least .  all the other phones we charge on the charger's seem to charging okay 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Pgpmas
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
what wattage is your plug?
0 Likes
Baz2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Model EP-TA300 samsung plug that come with the wireless charger   100-120V Input  .  Output 12.0v  -  2.1amp,  8.00v  -  1.67amp,   5.0v  -2.0amp 

0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
is fast wireless charging ticked on 'more battery settings'?
0 Likes
Baz2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Just checked to make sure that nothing has been changed in the settings and yeah the fast wireless is on 

0 Likes
AshS21
Black Belt 
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
is the phone getting warm when charging? phones slow the charging right down when they are hot
0 Likes
Baz2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
not getting warm
0 Likes
AshS21
Black Belt 
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
weird 🤔
0 Likes
Baz2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I was wondering if it has something to do with the Android 11 update and I've only just noticed it 

0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
do you know the charging speed on your charger, is it 10w?
I just did a test, I put my note 20u 4500mah battery on the Samsung 10w charging pad and it said 2h40m to charge with it being 38% full already 😱 so if it was empty it would be over 4h?
with your s20ultra and 5000mah battery it would take most of the night to charge up from empty.
conversely I put my phone into the Samsung charger stand @15w and charging time was 1h from the same 38%, although this will probably be less as I use this stand every day and usually takes an hour and a bit from under 20%
10w charging is just massively slow compared to 15w charging, I have no idea why???
0 Likes