Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a S22 be an improvement over my S20

(Topic created on: 18-07-2022 09:03 AM)
Ctkgp
First Poster
Options

Hi,
I have currently got an S20 & has been a wonderful phone over the last almost 2 years now. However, the other day it appeared with a green bar at the bottom, middle & top. Ever since then, it has been a bit faulty but still usable. However, the battery seems to have suffered from it. I have a feeling it may of gotten too hot as it was charging while this happened.
Last night, I left the S20 at around 70-80% with all apps closed & when I woke up, it was dead. Here are my current battery patterns on it.
The 14th was the day before the issue, the 15th was the day of the issue & 16th is today so far.
Photos
My plan was to hold out for the S23 due to the constant negative feedback about the S22 battery life. Do you think the S22 will perform much better in battery compared to what my S20 is like right now?
Also to add, with trade in & some other discounts the S22 would cost me £489 + live buds + tags.
Thanks all.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
I'd stay away from the S22 and hold off for the S23. Choice is yours of course!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Ctkgp
First Poster
Options
That is what my original plan was. But considering my phone now takes 2 charges a day, hot to touch and display is kinda faulty I'm not too sure if I'm able to wait that long 😂
0 Likes
SonOfDiablo
Explorer
Options
Hi bud. I have upgraded to the s21 and it is not that awesome as I thought. I always stayed away from the new realeases untill people will review it properly and over time. I would suggest you to be patient, see how things goes.
0 Likes
weskerevil
Voyager
Options
I upgraded from a s20+ to the s22 ultra 256gb the 128gb version had loads of problems the 256gb has been much better battery lasts me 22hours with moderate use
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Ctkgp 

I've used the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb Exynos SoC since Launch and haven't experienced any issues with mine although I do appreciate some have.

If you buy from Samsung UK then you have a 14 day cooling off period to try out the phone and if it isn't for you then you can send it back for a refund.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Andy3
Voyager
Options
You can say that all the time stay away from s23 and wait for s24. Stay away from s24 and wait for s25. On and on it goes.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Why would anyone even go for a 128gb version? With no sd card minimum is 256gb now.
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Even mobile networks give a 14day cooling off period
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
My opinion is based on community posts, YouTube videos etc...

The S22 series (and Z Flip 3) has way more negative experience related posts than positive ones and that's after a considerable amount of time on the market. The S23 hasn't been released, so it may be a good phone, it may be a bad phone. Time will tell! But, the fact that Samsung won't be shipping it with Exynos will probably be a good thing all round.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes