Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling

(Topic created on: 12-03-2023 11:55 PM)
HowfenLad
Explorer
Options
My S20 has WiFi Calling and my network provider (ID mobile) has it, and most of the time it works. 
But many times it just doesn't, even though it is switched on. There doesn't seem to be any way to force it to work until it feels like it, then it does.
Any ideas why?
7 REPLIES 7
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
If I have a low signal I usually turn off mobile data which usually helps i.e your phone only tries to connect to WiFi and vica versa if no WiFi I e I turn WiFi off so it just connects to mobile network. Hope this helps
HowfenLad
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the tip Paul, but I have tried that. Just now, I have no WiFi Calling so I have turned on Flight Mode and then turned WiFi back on. Still no WiFi Calling. Very frustrating.
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @HowfenLad ,

Wi-Fi calling is a feature offered by the different network provider to those that doesn't have a good coverage on their area. This is automatically enabled when the coverage is low or inexistent. 

0 Likes
HowfenLad
Explorer
Options
Hi Tess. Are you saying that the network provider turns it on? In any case, the signal at my house is non existent all of the time, but WiFi Calling is off right now.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I see, @HowfenLad . Have you tried to reach your provider to see if they do offer this service and if this is turned on in your account? 

0 Likes
HowfenLad
Explorer
Options
Thanks, Tess. I will contact them to see if there is a problem. But they do offer it and much of the time it works, just sometimes it doesn't.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
As pointed out it might be your network provider. I use EE which support it whereas my partner uses Tesco mobile that doesn't support it. Check that your network provider supports it
0 Likes