Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Wifi calling not working!

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 09:58 PM)
JadeAmelia
Explorer
Options
Hi all, wondering if anyone could help me please! I have had my Samsung s20 fe 4g for one week now. I'm on O2. I had wifi calling. But then I completed Samsungs latest software update. My WiFi calling has now disappeared. There is no option to turn it on or off. It worked fine until the update a couple of days ago. O2 have checked, and my WiFi and 4g calling is enabled. I've tried something I saw online about taking the simcard out, restarting the phone and putting the sim back in, but hasn't made any difference. Does anyone know what I can do? Many thanks 😊
24 REPLIES 24
JadeAmelia
Explorer
Options
OK thankyou for your help! 😁
JadeAmelia
Explorer
Options
OK thanks il give it a go 😁
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
no problem, I hope that works, if not come back and ill post a guide for you on other steps you can try :smiling-face:
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Have you restarted the phone?
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
If you call your carrier then also worth asking them to send a new OTA configuration file to your phone. Also make sure you have network mode in your phone settings set to Lte/3g/2g and your WiFi is set up and connected ok
( I lost it on my Note10+ after update and got it back by turning off the Select Automatically option under Network Operators and then take option to scan for networks and tap your carrier option from list of scanned networks - that sorted mine but has not worked with some others, but might be worth a try )
Edit : should have said these are additional to ideas Phoenix142 already mentioned
iamcool133
Pioneer
Options
try pressing the threw dots in the pull down and press button order it should be there
Solution
JadeAmelia
Explorer
Options
Hi all, update for you all! Rang Samsung, explained everything. I had to download the Smart Tutor App. The man backed up my apps and photos etc for me. Luckily not many as only had the phone a week 😂 I've always had iPhones so this is all completely new to me! After the backups, he then done a factory data reset. Bit of a bummer I had to set up everything again, passwords etc, but can't complain about the service from the man. He put all of stuff from backup back onto my phone for me too 😆 But most importantly.. I have WiFi calling again!! Fingers crossed it doesn't disappear on the next update now 😂 Thank-you for all of your help and suggestions!
JadeAmelia
Explorer
Options
Thanks again for your help! I've wrote a comment below on what happened 😁
JadeAmelia
Explorer
Options
I did try that but nothing happened! I've since resolved the problem and posted a comment below. Thank you 😁
JadeAmelia
Explorer
Options
Thank you! I did check the Lte settings etc, WiFi was running OK too. I've posted a comment below with an update 😀