Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wifi calling no longer working on O2

(Topic created on: 23/12/20 16:42)
JaxDevon
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Following an Android 11 update, WiFi Calling has disappeared from my handset (Galaxy S20 5G). After trawling forums and tech chat with both O2 and Samsung, it appears that O2 need to update their service to be compatible with the software update. Wifi calling won't appear again until this happens.
So, if you rely on WiFi calling to work from home during Covid restrictions (as I do) I suggest you delay the latest Android 11 update.
12 REPLIES 12
GSB1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@Newstead wrote:

Glad that wifi calling stayed on for you. For me (S20, not O2 firmware but with an O2 pay monthly sim) it disappeared again after the Jan update.

I still have to power off, remove sim, power on then reinsert sim after each restart.

In my case I don't need O2 firmware to enable wifi calling and VOLTE and it worked fine for six months until the December update. I had hoped that the January update would fix it but sadly not.

I too do not have O2 firmware and did not have a problem until recently, when I had to use the insert sim once booted trick. Also O2 pay monthly sim. Odd we have differing results (although different model variant phone noted).

0 Likes
CDms
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have a S20 as well I just asked the same question if it would fix the WiFi Calling issue. Is it worth installing this update
0 Likes
Gavlamba
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm on 02 and I have complained several times possibly more wifi calling just dissapears from my Samsung galaxy s20 ultra 5g! I have the android 11 update, I took my simcard out restrted the phone it came back but then after 2 days disappeared again! I live near a forest so signal is super weak and I rely on wifi calling. I have no idea why its taking samsung and 02 so long to sort this issue!
0 Likes