Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wifi calling no longer working on O2

(Topic created on: 11/01/21 12:06)
JaxDevon
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Following an Android 11 update, WiFi Calling has disappeared from my handset (Galaxy S20 5G). After trawling forums and tech chat with both O2 and Samsung, it appears that O2 need to update their service to be compatible with the software update. Wifi calling won't appear again until this happens.
So, if you rely on WiFi calling to work from home during Covid restrictions (as I do) I suggest you delay the latest Android 11 update.
12 REPLIES 12
WKFD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
might sound daft, but can WiFi calling be done over mobile data too
0 Likes
ElfStone
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

If you are asking, yes. It is called VoLTE , but I think both services are linked and if one isn't working most likely the other isn't working either.

ElfStone
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
CrazyTom2k2
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hey there JaxDevon,

Try removing your SIM and reinstalling it with your phone on. I've had this same issue several times with my S20 5G.

I'm using the Android 11 update and can confirm that I have the WiFi Calling feature, and it works! However I did have to reboot to get WiFi Calling to come back. I'm also using an eSIM profile, and I've got 5G since the update, unsure if any of that makes a difference.

Hope this helps, and happy holidays!
Tom 🙂
0 Likes
LG2888
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
To check if your phone’s running O2 firmware, dial *#1234# and look at the CSC entry. If this line includes ‘TEF’, ‘O2U’ or ‘OTF’ then your device has O2 firmware and you can set up Wifi and 4G Calling.
If the CSC doesn't include one of these codes then Wifi and 4G Calling isn’t supported on your phone right now.

I have the S20 and I have do not have the TEF O2U or OTF showing on the CSC line. This is really frustrating as I had WiFi calling prior to the update now I don't. my signal is shocking in my apartment now I have no signal. Sort it out O2!
0 Likes
GSB1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I am affected by this also. Non-O2 supplied S20+.

The workaround to boot the phone then put the sim in has worked for now. Fingers crossed there is proper fix soon.

0 Likes
GSB1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have asked on the O2 forums and the response from one of the very active members there suggests it is down to Samsung to fix this, not O2. Is that right?  

0 Likes
GSB1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I have just installed the January 2021 security update on my S20+ (with sim card inserted) and after the restart, wifi calling is still enabled.

0 Likes
Newstead
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Glad that wifi calling stayed on for you. For me (S20, not O2 firmware but with an O2 pay monthly sim) it disappeared again after the Jan update.

I still have to power off, remove sim, power on then reinsert sim after each restart.

In my case I don't need O2 firmware to enable wifi calling and VOLTE and it worked fine for six months until the December update. I had hoped that the January update would fix it but sadly not.

0 Likes