Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling disappeared

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 09:22 AM)
Reefraider
Explorer
Options
I'm on o2 and since latest ui update wifi calling has mysteriously disappeared was there Wednesday because I called my mother using it. Any help gratefully received.
35 REPLIES 35
Solution
Reefraider
Explorer
Options

I downloaded the update as normal then once download was complete I popped the sim out the top of the phone. Then I started the update to my phone. then when the phone restarted I reinserted the sim. Now when I restart my phone the WiFi calling reappears on its own. Now I know its a bit late since you've updated your phone but try this at the next update. I hope this helps my fingers are crossed for you.

If you've updated already turn phone off, eject sim then turn on phone and reinsert sim you should get WiFi calling back. If not restart phone and it should appear.

This was for an S20 ultra so may work for S21, let me know.

Cheers Ian

0 Likes
Lanies
Apprentice
Options
Thanks
0 Likes
Members_56dhxOg
Student
Options

Go to SETTINGS then CONNECTIONS. Toggle Flight Mode, then toggle Wi-Fi back on.  Now RESTART your phone. 

When restart has finished go back to SETTINGS and toggle Flight mode off.  Wi-Fi calling reappears in phone setting. 

Members_56dhxOg
Student
Options

Go to settings then connections and switch flight mode on. Then just switch Wi-Fi on. Restart your phone.  When restart is finished go back to settings and switch flight mode off. If you go to phone settings you will see that Wi-Fi calling reappears.

0 Likes
Lanies
Apprentice
Options
I powered my phone off completely then turned it on again and WiFi calling returned
ben_kh
First Poster
Options
I'm on Vodafone same issue...
CaraDC
First Poster
Options

me too and i have tried all of the tips mentioned above - nothing has worked so far!

0 Likes
MRCs1
First Poster
Options

Same problem recentlyon Samsung s10 with ee

Daasein
Journeyman
Options
Not just limited to O2 but Lycamobile aswell, on the old update it would show up automatically but on XCover 5's latest update... It just doesn't work. Even after giving every possible permission & trying to force start WiFi Calling... It didn't show up in settings nor from Quick Panel
0 Likes
gw-cva
First Poster
Options

Wish I could say this worked for me, but it  didn't. After spending an entire afternoon talking/chat rooming with Samsung tech support, I've come to conclusion my only remedy is to get a new phone.

0 Likes