Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen?

(Topic created on: 23-11-2021 05:47 AM)
samouk
Apprentice
Options
Hi

My friends phone s20 ultra has just started to develop a white screen when starting up and doesn't do any more. 

It's nearly at the end of the 2 year contract, can this be fixed cheaply?

Sam 

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @samouk 

Perhaps try Clear your System File Cache via the instructions in the Samsung Link. You may need to hook upto a computer or insert your headphones to get to the recovery menu. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

If  that does not work then if your friend cannot get into the phone to factory reset then they could try the Hard Reset option found here > https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-5g. 

Also a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre can take a look under the llimited 2 year manufacturing warranty for free unless the phone shows signs of accidental damage or water damage. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

samouk
Apprentice
Options
The screen is white and can't see any thing at all so I doubt he can get into the recovery mode sadly 😔
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fair enough. 

If the suggestions don't work then please do approach a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or look at any relevant home insurance cover etc 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Khanh97
Apprentice
Options

If you go to Samsung service center, mostly they will say you need to replace the screen. But this will not 100% fix it.

If you lucky, your phone will be back to normal after serveral restart (or turn off after a while)

My phone had this issue this July, still have product warranty till 02/2022 but they refused to maintance it for free even when it doesn't have any phys or water damage. I just turned it off since then till this September, it backed to normal but sometimes it still get white/green screen for 5-25 minutes and fix itself.

Valerie Nanjala
First Poster
Options

Why are we buying expensive phones with such defects after expiry of the warranty? mine has a white screen after 3 years of use

0 Likes