Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What to do before a factory reset?

(Topic created on: 31-05-2022 10:48 AM)
ea1975
Journeyman
Options

I have a s20 fe snapdragon with latest updates and am now thinking of doing a factory reset.  What should I do before reset? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
prouser
Student
Options

https://youtu.be/IhOVhLRSSDY
see this video 

if u like my answer click on 3 dots and accept my solution

nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Back it up 1st
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes, back up your photos and videos or anything else you created/downloaded like music etc. The apps will be offered for reinstall anyway so don't worry about those. Use USB OTG, a USB or Bluetooth connection to a PC or last resort cloud storage. That last resort takes longest and is useless if your network and/or internet goes down when you come to recovering them. Also equally important, backup your authentication app codes. Google authenticator will do that, not sure of others though. And make sure you know your Samsung Account and Google Account login credentials.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you having problems with the phone?

Maybe clearing the Partition Cache can help.

As has been said before, backup you data to your account.
Do check that you are backing up all the data you want first though
ea1975
Journeyman
Options

Thank you all for your answers. I'm undecided about factory reset right now. Maybe later. For the time being my cell works fine and butter smooth. Yet this topic may give insight to others who want  factory reset.

0 Likes
ea1975
Journeyman
Options

deleted

0 Likes
ea1975
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. I'll keep in mind what you mentioned here 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ea1975: If you need any further guidance on how to Factory Reset your device then please refer to the steps provided in the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

0 Likes
ea1975
Journeyman
Options

I did the factory reset thing . Things have changed slightly better. The phone seems slightly snappier. But this could be placebo effect.  I'm not sure

0 Likes