Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options

How do I delete other because that's a lot of memory 
47 REPLIES 47
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah DJI stores huge files I normally use a different device when flying my DJI 1 without a simcard etc so I have Zero interference.
Solution
graym2o
Apprentice
Options

Oh, by the way, people, I just found the other offender, it is my podcast app, 100GB!!!

As GavinH says, you just have to go through them all and find the big hoarders.

Just a heads-up for those who may not know, I did my hunting with my phone plugged into the PC, I don't think it's possible just from the handset. Also, make sure that you have visibility of all hidden folders (View/Hidden Items).

Happy deleting!

graym2o
Apprentice
Options

Just to be clear, all the posts that are talking about the 'Telegram' fix, are only of any use to people that have that app on their phones.

Telegram is not a 'fix' it's an app.

If you don't have Telegram, your big pile of 'Other' files are hiding in another app. 

mmart22
First Poster
Options

Wait im confused....what did u do?? I already read the previous message but I got so confused :((

0 Likes
graym2o
Apprentice
Options

You need to access the files on your phone with your PC, so plug it in and find the 'Android' folder.

All of the App folders are in Data, these are the ones that will be holding all of the 'Other' files.

You pretty much have to go to each one and check the 'Properties' to see which has the big size and contains all of the data.

Do not delete anything you don't know for sure is un-needed, stick with media files, most of the 'Other' files are media caches. 

JodiP
First Poster
Options

Thank you for posting this suggestion! I was able to free almost 80 GB of junk files!

0 Likes
petefeet
First Poster
Options

Does anyone have any further tips? My "Other" and "System" files are clearly not accessible from my PC when plugging the phone in, as the total shows as 20GB versus the 97GB showing in "other" and 21GB showing in "system" in my phone.

This has been a perennial problem in Android since the beginning, which I have never found the answer to. Even factory reset or reflashing the ROM didn't work when I have tried on previous phones. I am hoping there is a simpler answer these days.

Unfortunately, as this is a work phone, I cannot root it and use a root file explorer to try to find the issue. I am assuming the offending data is hidden in system files not accessible in non-rooted mode.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2022-10-31 200820.jpgScreenshot_20221031-200846_My_Files[1].jpg

0 Likes
Ricky Daniels
First Poster
Options

Samsung phones really suck right now. This other storage is a MAJOR PROBLEM  ,!!!@@!

0 Likes
Ricky Daniels
First Poster
Options

How do you remove 95 of other storage 

0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Look about their has got to be a app that is storing a load of junk you just have to find the app that is using it
0 Likes