Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options

How do I delete other because that's a lot of memory 
47 REPLIES 47
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Found them on my files> android and theirs a lot of different files with my saved whatsapp telegram saved files etc
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Wow crazy I suggest everyone do this

clipboard_image_1619566670522.jpg

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'm really not filling my phone with social media content. Mines just slowly filling up with pics, vids and the odd app and game.

Screenshot_20210428-023206_My Files.jpg

Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
I don't have Facebook instergram or anything like that it's mainly from WhatsApp or my telegram that had a lot of videos audio files etc
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I see. Its good to try to keep at least 25% free for best performance.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I use Google Files to keep my Android devices from filling with such clutter
Stuie
Navigator
Options
Telegram builds up the other storage, i had to clear 50gb of data from my app. Goto apps>telegram>storage>manage storage and then click clear data
Solution
Millard
First Poster
Options

Other storage comes from apps you have installed on your Android smart phones and tablets. Unfortunately you can't these files from you Android device. You can view these files from you computer by connecting your device via a usb cable. Most but not all of the "Other" files are located at "Android/data." Some of these files you will not want to delete unless it's from an app you are no longer using. Some of the apps I know of which can be quite large are "Udemy", "YouTube Music" and social media apps. Please note, if you delete files from an app you often use, the app will run slower due to placing the file or files back into one of the directories inside the "Android/data" folder. Basically cache and files for a given app are stored there.

Solution
Members_N6U4fL3
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20220203-210932_Telegram.jpg

 Telegram stores all media forever by default, make sure you change the settings in the app and it will clear it once in a while.