Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to my device

(Topic created on: 24-04-2022 03:37 AM)
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
So me again 🤣 
Why all of a sudden ia my Samsung galaxy s20 showing up as android instead of showing up as Samsung galaxy s20 on my Google account and Facebook 🤔
I have looked into this and I can't seem to find out as to why.....
It's like it's not recognising my device name anymore if that makes sense 😕 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Apart from now not seemingly recognising the devices name are the apps and everything else still working as it should @starshine  ?

I prefer not to use the Facebook app which is uninstalled from my phone [ I access Facebook via my browsers url ] so I can't look at those settings if they are in the actual app.

Where abouts in your Google Account is the phone type being shown to you and I'll check mine.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Mine still shows proper device names on my Google Account security list of signed in devices for Android devices. My PC is shown as Windows though
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As does mine @antikythera 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
Under list of signed in devices , I signed out of it in case it was a security thing and changed my passwords etc then it showed up again🤔🤔🤔
0 Likes
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
Mine still shows proper device names on my Google Account security list of signed in devices for Android devices. My PC is shown as Windows though
0 Likes
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
Facebook location is wrong all the time, Facebook messenger 🙄 so in a group chat in the past all was ok but now for some bizarre reason when I log out of Facebook ( which I do each night,messenger I don't though) the next day I log in and go onto my group chat on messenger I no longer see the day befores chat if this makes sense.
Comes up with device key has changed and I can no longer view previous messages sent before , this has never happened before I have no idea what a god dam device key even is lol
0 Likes
DiddyDLL
First Poster
Options
Since the latest upgrade my S20FE the slideshow of photos when the phone is out of use facility has disappeared. What's going on? I'm just getting a !no available photos message which goes around my screen.
0 Likes