Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What Bluetooth audio codecs are supported by Samsung S20 FE 5G?

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 05:49 AM)
Fraziel66
Apprentice
Options

Anyone know? Need to know before I buy headphones. thanks

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Fraziel66 

You may find these helpful.

xda-developers.com/t/samsung-s20-exynos-and-bluetooth-audio-codecs. 

bluetoothcheck.com/d/samsung-galaxy-s20-fe. 

devicespecifications.com/en/comparison. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

It supports for sure sbc, aac and the samung scalable codec (works with samsung buds only)

Since it has a snapdragon inside it should support the aptx codec.

I doubt it supports ldac which is only unfortunately on sony smartphones.

If you already have the phone you should be able to easily find out what codecs your phone supports by going into developer options and then the bluetooth codec option, the grayed out ones should be the non supported

Archer
Fraziel66
Apprentice
Options

Hi, where do I find that in settings? I've looked and can't see it anywhere. Thanks. Motorola and OnePlus now support ldac. I contacted Samsung and the phone "expert" didn't know that an audio codec was so no joy there. 

0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

go into developer options you need to tap on buld versions in sequence 6 times in the phone info panel to unlock them

Archer
Solution
Fraziel66
Apprentice
Options

I contacted Samsung and have spoken to 5 different people. Nobody knows the answer or how to obtain it. It was suggested i send my brand new phone off for technical examination,lol

I contacted Oneplus and Motorola with same questions when I considered their phones. Got a reply with information in under 2 hours from each.

It defies belief that a phone for use with wireless headphones doesn't have a spec to state the codecs it supports so you can match up the right headphones and get the audio quality you want.

Phone getting returned. 

0 Likes
Timmylad
Apprentice
Options

The audio codecs supported on the S20 are 

SBC , AAC, aptx, LDAC and Scalable Codec

However the headphones have to support the one you are choosing. 

I was unable to choose LDAC on my Sony's until they were paired. 

Now i have LDAC support on the highest bitrate setting

bhartman36
First Poster
Options

Is this the same for the FE?  I have the S20FE, and it doesn't look like LDAC is a selectable option, even though I have the Sony 1000XM3s paired to them.

0 Likes
Members_Lu2TlL3
First Poster
Options

Do you have selected priority on sound quality in Sony app? This need to be selected  then go to Bluetooth settings and select your headphones, there you should have ldac option

GaluhAdiaputra
First Poster
Options

Yes this work with my phone. Need to set the priority on sony's apps. And go to bluetooth setting, enable the LDAC. Thanks mate.

0 Likes