Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Dual SIM Issue

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 07:32 PM)
AemJay
Journeyman
Options

I have a total of three mobile subscriptions on my S20 to cover all three German networks: A physical SIM1 from T-Mobile Germany and two eSIMS - one from Simquadrat (O2) and one from Klarmobil (Vodafone). The two eSIMs serve as backup in case I have no service with T-Mobile. Usually, only the SIM1 is active.

Since at least a few weeks, i suspect in conjuction with the previous software update around June, there is an issue when trying to activate any one of the eSIMs in addition to SIM1. The menu just freezes and the eSIMs are just greyed out. The phone stays in Single SIM mode with just SIM1 active. Only after a restart the previously activated eSIM is actually online.

The other way round - going from dual SIM mode with SIM1 and any one of the two eSIMs active to singe SIM mode, i.e. turning the eSIM off, is no problem.

The same goes for toggling between the two eSIMs without first turning one off and then the other on. Again, no problem.

Finally, also no problem exists when the second SIM slot is also populated, meaning a total of four contracts: SIM1, SIM2 and eSIM1 and eSIM2. In this case i can activate and deactivate SIM2 or any of the eSIMs as I see fit without any issues.

After contacting customer service an being forced to send the device in for a fruitless repair, i had the device replaced by my primary operator Telekom from whom I bought it. I now own a completely different phone and guess what - the problem persists. This makes it highly unlikely a hardware issue and strongly points to a software issue (baseband?)

Can anybody with an eSIM and a physical SIM recreate the issue?

Go to solution
25 REPLIES 25
Options

@AemJay - I am NOT confused about anything.....you clearly need to READ AGAIN!! And stop posting fake news when this major issue has not been resolved!!

Also, NO ONE CARES about the instructions you are sharing on switching SIM......PLEASE STOP promoting this non sense!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@DualSIMNote10Plus , Not seeing how AemJay's topic here is any way related to the lack of dual-SIM dialler buttons here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note20-series/dual-sim-dialler-buttons-missing/m-p/418924... , other than it's about an issue with dual-SIM.

Options

Screenshot_20210306-144754_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-144738_Phone.jpg

0 Likes
BornemisaRaul
Navigator
Options

ONE UI 2.5?

0 Likes
BornemisaRaul
Navigator
Options

Yes, but only working when dial a number manualy, and on new message. When you want to reply to a message you do not have the selection buttons and when you select a number from the phonebook same issue.

0 Likes
Options

@BornemisaRaul and All -

unfortunately Samsung is not listening to our feedback and the Samsung Community Moderators ( ie.@AntS , @DannyT ) are useless as they refuse to help escalate this issue to Senior ranking Samsung Executives to prioritize on the quick simple fix to bring back both SIM1+ SIM2 buttons for both Samsung apps calls and sms messages. These incompetant Samsung Moderators are not fulfilling their responsibilities as Samsung employees .... someone needs to spank their bad behavior and ignorance....it is so sad they simply do not understand the issue in UI 3.x has resulted UX issues, security issues, cost issues.

Meanwhile, I recommend temp solution to roll back to Android 10, UI 2.5.

Screenshot_20210306-093635_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-144738_Phone.jpgScreenshot_20210306-144754_Messages.jpg

0 Likes