Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web page freezing when scrolling (Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra)

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 03:44 AM)
PAGallim
Journeyman
Options

Only had it for a few days, but regularly when I'm scrolling on a web page (an on-line newspaper for example) the page will freeze.   Then I have to use the back button to come out of the site and then re-enter again.   Anyone else have this problem or remedial suggestions?

150 REPLIES 150
Mark_Harrison
Journeyman
Options

I'm getting the same on an s20+.  Chrome is my default browser.  Although it did just do it within the browser in the gmail app when i clicked a link in an email.  I assume that would use chrome?  Didn't have it on my s8.

Blister69
First Poster
Options

Yes, another S20+ user here with the same problems. Not always happening in chrome though. My internet banking app freezes too and some other apps.

London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

i noticed that too in chrome sometimes

it just freezes or some of the buttons (like home button or even the url bar) completely dissapers and you have force close the app 

not sure if all these issues are due to the high refresh rate - maybe some apps arent coping with that ?

Mark_Harrison
Journeyman
Options

i think i managed to fix the issue for the chrome scrolling issue.  I closed chrome and went to settings > apps > chrome.  Cleared the cache and data and reloaded chrome.  I selected no to chrome lite when it asked.  I've since turn chrome lite back on and it works fine so clearing the cache and data may have been enough.

0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

apparently there is a new update for s20 range pushed out today that is going to fix some of these random issues

dont have it yet but hope is high :smiling-face: 

Virr
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem just tweeted... Keeps freezing up and need to restart Web page or phone.. It's not the Internet because on the s10 goes like a ferrari. I use the Internet browser (blue world icon). The apps also freeze now and again. Dissapointed

0 Likes
Kjt57
Navigator
Options
I'm getting the same problem on my S20 ultra. Have close browser and open again. Using Firefox
0 Likes
ikatar
Explorer
Options

I have same here, s20 default one. 

0 Likes
Hflmike21
Apprentice
Options
Same issue here using chrome.
0 Likes