Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Detection Glitch

(Topic created on: 04-04-2021 08:19 PM)
NECMC
Journeyman
Options
I seem to have the dreaded water detection error.

Tried clearing the cache and that didn't work. Tried safe mode and it's still there.

It's not been near water. I've even put it with rice to see if that helped but no it's still there.

Any suggestions before I send it back which knowing CPW will take a couple of weeks at least.Just don't want to have to be without my phone for that long as I have it to use it for medical management for myself.

Thanks 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@NECMC: i'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Are you seeing the error whilst connected to your charger, or does it occur randomly? If you head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and follow the on screen prompts, does this return any errors? 

kimoTaher
Pioneer
Options
Shake the phone always work
NECMC
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, I didn't know about these interactive tools.

I tried this and the warning alarm went off but weirdly the it suddenly stopped and the notification appears to have disappeared for the time being so thank you very much.

Fingers crossed it stays like that 😊
0 Likes
NECMC
Journeyman
Options
This has happened again and I've tried the interactive tools but all its showing is an orange warning with usb charger.

Had Samsung phones for years but this phone has been a nightmare form start to finish. Wondering if it's the cheaper end of the S20 range that it's so rubbish.

Can't believe it's given up after only 4 months.

Any suggestions before i send it back to Carphonewarehouse?

0 Likes