Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Water Damage

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 09:08 PM)
Emma39
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I dropped my S20 in the bath it was only for a few seconds, the phone seems to be working fine but has the moisture detect symbol appear.  Has anyone got any tips for how best to dry the phone or what I need to do many thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
RoboUK
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
with the phone switched off take off any case. then put the phone in a bowl of dry uncooked rice. that should draw out any moisture in 12 hours or more.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

yeah if you have moisture you must turn the phone off immediately then you need to clean it with a cloth and put it in a bag of rice in a possibly dry environment. DO NOT shake it to try to get water out or use the hairdryer cause you will get the opposite effect.

0 Likes
ironass
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

TOP TIP: Instead of uncooked rice, try using Kitty Litter, unused. Much more absorbent. 😁

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16/512GB (G998B D/S) CSC=BTU
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The moisture symbol should dissappear on its own. The issue is probably moisture detection on the ports. Gently dry them with a ear cleaning stick. The ones with cotton wool on the end.

If it continues @Emma39 then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look. 

Please be aware water damage isn't covered under the Samsung warranty.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
It'll be fine, its warning you not to try and charge the phone while theres potentially water ingress in the port. Let it dry out, give it shake, it should disappear on its own once its dry.
The phone is water resistant, it cam handle water in the ports so long as you're not trying to charge it.
0 Likes