Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-C earphones not working

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 08:06 PM)
LondonLass
First Poster
Options
Like many, many other people my phone has suddenly decided that USB-C earphones no longer work. 

The USB-C socket itself works fine to charge using numerous different plugs/cables/chargers, and I've just bought brand new AKG earphones from the Samsung store but they just don't work with my phone (they work perfectly fine with my Samsung A7 Tab lite tablet so I know they aren't defective!)

When I plug them in my phone continues to play out the phone speakers, completely ignoring the fact that they're plugged in, and I get the USB connected/disconnected message that keeps flashing up on rotation.

I've tried everything I've been able to find online to fix this, short of doing a factory reset which I really don't want to do. Is there *anything* else I can try?

If I have to reset my phone over something like this I'm going to be really, really annoyed! 
12 REPLIES 12
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I have a Samsung s20 ultra, it could be this app that's got something to do with USB C headset, clear cache clear data , Screenshot_20220903-221715_Settings_176361_1662239835.jpgScreenshot_20220903-221706_Settings_176360_1662239826.jpg
Qwerty6262
First Poster
Options

I had an issue connecting my usb wired headphone to device. 

After several attempts with no success I did the following:

Go to: Setting, apps, - make sure to show system apps by taping on the "sort" icon, and then search for "usb c", make sure to grant all (access to device media) permissions to the app. That's it!

MrDeCesare
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm at the end of my rope here!

0 Likes
Yorichie
First Poster
Options

I also have this problem and I am very much inclined to just replace my device with other brands and will probably go back if this issue ever gets fixed. I like wired headset/headphone as they provide close to 0 delays in sound especially when gaming.

0 Likes
MrDeCesare
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, after trying every possible solution, I chose to have the usb charging board replaced. It was $90 and took 20 minutes. Not real happy about it, as I'm sure my phone is less waterproof than it was before, but my wired earbuds work now. Always been a big fan of Samsung, but I'm not too impressed this time around.

0 Likes
The Mighty Kinkle
Apprentice
Options
I had to disable USB audio routing in the developer options
0 Likes
WTFredG
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, this bug still occurs today even after a year has passed. Something worked for me, I went to Apps and activate system app and went to Samsung USC-C headset and Uninstall update, install stock app and it worked, not sure for how long.

Uglyllama
First Poster
Options

I JUST FIXED THIS ON MY END AFTER TRYING FOR A YEAR. you'll have to look up how to get to developer options. Once in developer options scroll down to media and turn off disable usb audio routing. THEN click on media transcoding settings and turn off all the sliders. Now my USB c earbuds work perfectly again! Hope this helps someone else because this was a rough time trying to get this fixed! 

0 Likes