Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates, camera

(Topic created on: 16-12-2022 05:38 PM)
bex88
Apprentice
Options
Since latest update my camera flips pics upside down even with rotation lock off. As soon as a pic is taken, when u go to look at it, it is upside down. Also seems to happen when playing games... its fine one minute playing as normal and then the phone just flips it upside down..
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's a conundrum @bex88 

Is this in your Gallery or when you post it in a forum etc ?

Can you try the following generic troubleshooting guides please.

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Also have a really good look at your camera settings.

There's a few threads on the forum similar to yours so do please perform a forum search.

There's also tech blogs discussing similar topics too with one being > https://techshift.net/why-is-my-samsung-taking-pictures-upside-down/ 

A final resort could be a back up and factory reset.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

bex88
Apprentice
Options
It's when I take a photo. The screen and everything is fine to look at and as soon as you take the picture and go to look at it... its upside down.
mmqcds
Journeyman
Options
I had to clear cache to try and solve a different issue. Less than a week later the upside down photo issue is back. There is definitely something wrong that Samsung need to resolve. I don't think it's unreasonable not to want to do a factory reset given the pain involved in restoring everything just so. All was working fine prior to the Android 13 update!
NemoSandman
Apprentice
Options

Same issue as yours. Following that thread.
Also I have thought it was cured but it started again.

It happens only in Portrait pictures and it is tedious.

bex88
Apprentice
Options
It's very annoying! Still have the issue and I've even found when playing some games it turns upside down if the phone is stood up too straight. Clearing cache hasn't worked... its definitely a fault with the new android update! Was working fine previous to it.
0 Likes
krisanders
First Poster
Options
Same issue here. Sent an upside down video to my wife. Never noticed till after. Really annoying
0 Likes
NemoSandman
Apprentice
Options

And the last update did not cure that issue....

Really annoying, thinking about updating to an Iphone now..........

0 Likes
mmqcds
Journeyman
Options
I bit the bullet and did a factory reset. Painful by necessary. Fixed upside down photos, upside down home screen, upside down apps, crashes, and battery drain. This was NOT good customer experience...
0 Likes
NemoSandman
Apprentice
Options

I was able to cure it with multiple resets....

0 Likes