Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unfair - No headphone jack for S20

(Topic created on: 31-03-2020 12:52 PM)
Wuzzybear
Pathfinder
Options

I think its so unfair s20 does not have jack for headphones,,its seriously made me think about not getting another galaxy ,people  may struggle affording the s20 never mind the expensive  buds,i love my s10 and will hang on to it til it dies!

Go to solution
26 REPLIES 26
aysh
First Poster
Options

the ear phones go into the charger part they have the same connection pieces. So the earphones dont have a normal end its a charger end.

0 Likes
Kkyle
First Poster
Options

The fact that the s20 has removed the headphone jack means that you'll either have to use bluetooth headphones or spend more money after purchasing the phone just to buy another device to listen to your phone and charge at the same time. That's what's really unfair.

Tonut
First Poster
Options

This is a crock... if you have kids, they can't use your phone with their headphones in the car (the BUDS never fit in their ears etc) and you can't use your own (often expensive) noise-cancelling headphones you may have like BOSE etc....
Samsung citing they need the space is ridiculous - for  a phone that is so HUGE...
Reminds me of the last Samsung phone change to USB-C port on the S10 which KILLED our ability to use Oculus VR and all the games we had purchased!!!!.... Samsung answer - oh just go and buy another VR Headset and throw your old one out... not cool if you don't have another $400 to throw away.

m4tthall
Explorer
Options

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anyone mention you can buy a fairly cheap adapter that allows you to use any old headphones. I certainly didn't want to buy new ones nor have to deal with bluetooth charging etc. and those that came with the phone were awful. A simple purchase of this adapter and problem solved.

TroyH
Apprentice
Options

You didn't miss anything and bring up a good point. A simple adapter is under $10 on Amazon. For not much more, you can get one that lets you listen and charge at the same time. Though if you have expensive headphones, you'd be better off spending a little more on a higher-quality adapter to get better sound quality.

I don't understand the obsession with needing a phone jack. The technology was invented in the 1870s to use with telephone switchboards. Why would you want 19th century technology in a 21st century device? The jack is relatively large and requires an internal DAC. Removing the component makes room for other components. Plus, it allows the phone to be thinner.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Differing views on this , though I am not particularly fussed about the Headphone Jack and is in a sense old Technology  (even if important to some)  Certainly nowadays more room is needed in devices  and thicker phones do not really have the same attraction.  Obviously though marketing more products may be a factor.  This one about The Note 10.  https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/7/20758050/samsung-galaxy-note-10-headphone-jack 

There are various options for Adapters for those interested :

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-usb-c-headphone-adapters 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Slickdeal74
Student
Options

I just purchased an S20 and it did not come with wired headphones.

Slickdeal74
Student
Options

I just purchased an S20 and they did not come with wired nor wireless headphones.

toxdog45
First Poster
Options

But you can't charge the phone and use the headphones at the same time.

0 Likes
Cybaworld
First Poster
Options

They come with headphones that plug into the use port, but it is seriously annoying how u can't charge your phone and use headphones at the same time unless u have ear ups which are expensive.. 

im going to be honest and not lie.

0 Likes