Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cast to Chrome Cast from Samsung S21 FE

(Topic created on: 19-05-2021 10:54 PM)
Squinceyyy
Student
Options
Ever since I upgraded to the S20 FE, I've had loads of issues connecting to my chrome cast, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It is very intermittent and no idea why it happens. It's not WiFi or TV or chrome cast related because it never happened with my A50, my boyfriend has no issues with his Huawei and the WiFi and TV works perfectly fine every other time. Usually switching WiFi on and off or restarting g the phone helps but it's just so annoying as I never had to do it before til I got this model! Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any ideas for it be stable and keep a continuous connection? 
4 REPLIES 4
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Could you go to...

Phone settings > About phone > Model name and Model number 

... and post what it says for those 2 (Model name and Model number )

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As I thought, you do not have the Samsung S21 FE which has not been released yet.

You have the last year, S20 FE model. The forum covering this is here...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/bd-p/uk-galaxy-2020

Please remove your screenshot which shows your IMEI numbers or hide them for your own security. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Squinceyyy
Student
Options
Oops, yeah thats a complete oversight on my part. Thanks for pointing it out, I've updated it now and removed as suggested!
StephK1
Options

Due to stability and compatibility issues, Chromecast is no longer supported via Smart View on Android 11. If you download a supporting app for Chromecast, such as Google Home, you will still be able to connect. Hope this helps! 🙂