Did you mean: 

Original topic:

ui 3 android 11

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 01:03 PM)
Chay71
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi, following latest update no 3rd party devices are shown under smart view just my Samsung q9 TV. All other devices are not listed, I.e amazon alexa and Google home and amazon firestick therefore unable to mirror screen on non Samsung TV.s. however 3rd party devices still listed under cast icon on you tube ect and devices listed on Spotify and 3rd party devices apps like Google home. I have asked this question under Samsung members but they came back and asked me to put this in Community so developers can pick it up and correct in next update.
5 REPLIES 5
Pgpmas
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
if you try swiping down on your home screen, when the menu opens have you tried looking in the device tab there ?
0 Likes
Chay71
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
hi, thanks for your suggestion but I did already try that but under devices directly connected devices are just my devices linked and paired through Bluetooth like my buds and watch. then under the next heading is just my Samsung TV listed. so the only way to mirror my screen to other non Samsung TV and to play music is through the app it self like YouTube, Spotify BBC iplayer amazon app etc. however if app or video does not have a cast button then can not cast or mirror screen to non Samsung TV or device. before update, smart view used to list all devices including non Samsung products like amazon firestick and speakers but now only shows one device which is my Samsung TV cheers
0 Likes
DanMan32
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Supposedly Google imposed privacy policies in Android 11 that hindered Smartview from casting to anything other than other Samsung. 

https://piunikaweb.com/2020/12/08/one-ui-3-0-removes-smart-view-support-for-chromecast-says-moderato...

For Chrome cast, they suggest using Google Home.  Fine, but what about Firestick?

Something doesn't sound right here.  You'd think if it was due to Google's implementation of Android 11, you would have heard about this for other brand Android devices.

DanMan32
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I just tested Smartview on my S20 FE with Amazon Firestick.  It worked, the fitestick showed up in the SmartView device list once I engaged mirroring on the Firestick.  Not sure what protocol Firestick uses, seems to be Miracast.

So the issue might only be with Chromecast.

0 Likes
Druidoak
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
im having a similar problem trying to cast to ez tv. since the update of android 11 ui3. it no longer appears in the smart view list. it will only work via the manufacturer app. I think it may be a problem samsung could get round to sorting if they tried, or it wouldn't connect via the manufacturer app. but i could be wrong. over to you samsung 😉
0 Likes