Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI 3.1 - camera flash / over exposure update

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 09:52 AM)
Eb27
Explorer
Options

Hi guys.

I've been chasing the above issue all week. Downloaded the update a month ago, for the first week or two i assumed it was something i did or a hardware issue until i researched more. So have been chasing more aggressively this week.

Anyway i sent a twitter DM to samsung and they replied but said "they understand my frustrstion but their engineers are looking into the issue". I asked was it possible to give me a new phone as the update has ruined this one making the camera usless and as such the phone. Is there any legal avenues to persue here? Surely this is some sort of breach of contract between supplier and customer. Pushing out an update that has rendered a flag ship phone useless? I cannot return it to the retailer as its not broken and its not a hardware problem. The issue lies solely with samsung and at the moment it seems they are ignoring the issue and their customers until enough people are effected.

Is this just an issue with the S20 series i wonder? I will try to contact customer support to escalate the issue as they refuse to give a timeline for when the issue will be fixed. It could be 6 weeks or it could be 6 months. If you rely on your camera for work are we just supposed to sit by and wait for them to do something? 

Any thoughts? Any other products besides the s20 effected? Any legal action we can take against Samsung?

Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Mine did this but it seems to be working totally fine now pictures are back to there fantastic selves. Mine is an S20 5G
0 Likes
Eb27
Explorer
Options

Really? Did you download anything or do anything to change it?

Take plenty of pictures to ensure that is still the case. There has been occasions when it would take an okay picture. But 8 times out of 10 with the flash it comes out overexposed for me still. Which completely ruins any spontaneous picture moments you are trying to capture. Without the flash it seems fine. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Sorry I just tried it now and it's really bad must be intermittent on mine it's really bad on this last picture
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Just took another one and it was fine I think it depends on what and how its focused
0 Likes
Eb27
Explorer
Options

Yes. I take alot of close up pics with the flash and its pretty much always bad like i said. Its hit and miss otherwise but thats not something we should have to put up with. Flagship phone. Should be able to just take a picture off the cuff and expect a good result. Thanks for responding.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's been reported before. It does seem to be an S20 issue only as it only happens on my S20 Ultra and not on my S21 Ultra. I've sent error reports to Samsung but haven't received any update on the issue.
0 Likes
Eb27
Explorer
Options

*Update*

Was just onto samsung support over the phone. They said the only two options i have is a full factory reset (which wont resolve the problem) or send it in for repair. And they wont give me a replacement and i will be without it for 2 weeks or more. 

They said they are not aware of the issue or it at least seems like there is not enough people effected by it for them to look into it further. Their call centre has not recieved any other calls on the issue. 

Im at a loss. So either send in the phone for repair and hope they do something (but its SOFTWARE ISSUE SINCE THE UPDATE) or just wait.....

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I just updated my S20 Ultra to the latest firmware and it seems the overexposure from the flash is fixed (at least I haven't been able to replicate it yet).

Screenshot_20210329-120151_Software update_2792.jpg

0 Likes
Eb27
Explorer
Options

Thanks. Where are you based? Perhaps it hasnt been released in Ire yet. Did you just get it today?

My security patch says its Feb 1st. 

Though my last update was March 5th for the 3.1 

Version G980FXXU6DUB5 / G980FOXM6DUB5 / G980FXXU6DUB5

0 Likes