Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

UI 3.0 in Samsung S20. Is there anyway to get back the old type way of having two buttons to choose the SIM when calling?

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 04:09 AM)
ESH222
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

UI 3.0 in Samsung S20. Is there anyway to get back the old type way of having two buttons to choose the SIM when calling?

Thanks,

SH

12 REPLIES 12
ironass
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

The workaround is... 

Settings > Connections > SIM card manager > Calls... select, "Ask always"

Then when it comes to making a call you will receive a pop-up asking... "Make calls with", and offering SIM 1 or 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16/512GB (G998B D/S) CSC=BTU
0 Likes
ESH222
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thanks, I already found it out but still missing the two button function from the earlier UI, tiny pop up menu is not very simple solution. Sending an SMS message has the same issue and there you can´t choose any more "ask always" option... using two SIM´s all the time got just so much more complicated...  

AnthonyP
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I agree. with ESH222. I have same issue.

Pop up is not a solution, when i'm in the car, I need always to confirm which sim card. It is dangerous.

Please give us the option to have the 2 Buttons back!!!

iieeann
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Agree on UI 3.0 stupidity. Anyway Samsung may not entertain this or that will take a long time.  Immediate solution is to use 3rd party App.

Members_22hOTZz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

ui 3.0 is very stupid. please solve the dual sim, not always ask but just show 2 buttons to choose

Gorog
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi all,

Got the same problem after updating and it's very stupid.

Does anyone knows 3rd party app that can sort this out if de-installation of update is not possible?

davidektomas
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Having the same issue. Please give me back separate direct buttons for call. Or the instructions how to roll back.

micsan84
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Also have this issue. Thanks for the popup solution, its better than nothing but it still is not good as it was. That was one of the best features in my opinion  for a dual sim and now it is somehow limited. Samsung please bring it back as an option at least. 

Jke123
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

This is absolutely ridiculous and negates the key reason for having 2 active lines on the same device.

It is absolutely lazy programming and from Samsung, it is soon going to be a deal breaker (along with some other "features").

The pop up (ask each time) for calls is painful but (maybe) I can live with; not having an immediate choice for text messaging means that I have (inadvertently) responded to a few incomming business texts using my private phone line???

Common sense could have been applied so that it uses whichever line the messages comes through as the default for responses.

Surely, if enough of us complain, Samsung will do something.