Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trustworthy Apps Lock app to fingerprint or screen pattern unlock apps individually on an unlocked phone - Recommendation?

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 09:23 PM)
Members_SqSXXm2
Apprentice
Options

Could anyone recommend a 'trustworthy' Apps Lock app please?

Trustworthy because I guess the app is likely to need a lot of high level security permissions to protect the phone adequately.

Ideally, if the app lock is able to automatically activate when away from home and work WiFi connections, so preventing a situation of forgetting to activate the app lock, and the phone then being stolen unlocked eg, snatched from the hand while using the phone in a public place.

This question relates to S20 FE - Android 11,  One UI version 3.1

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Members_SqSXXm2Samsung Pass allows you to use your saved biometric information (fingerprint, iris, or face recognition) to log into accounts, apps and websites, and can be accessed via Settings > Biometrics and Security > Samsung Pass. To find out more, please check the following link.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-samsung-pass/#:~:text=Go%20to%20Settings%2....

0 Likes
Members_SqSXXm2
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I followed the link. I found this Samsung video about the Samsung Pass:
https://youtu.be/6mv6AjVJg5Q

From the video, it seems Samsung Pass is an autofill password manager app to login to personal accounts within apps and membership websites. Unless I'm mistaken, it's not able to prevent apps from being opened without fingerprint or is it?

I am after something similar to 'Norton App Lock' app however with the addition ability to automatically lock apps after the phone automatically switches from home WiFi to mobile data (being outside in a public, less secure space). Great if Samsung S20 FE Android 11, One UI version 3.1 has the feature built in?

0 Likes
Windswept
Explorer
Options
Norton 360 has Norton App Lock.
0 Likes