Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring data from old p9 huawei

(Topic created on: 27-06-2021 04:09 PM)
stan241165
Journeyman
Options
Does any one know  how I can transfer my music and pictures  from my old Huawei to my s20 fe

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there!

You've got a couple of options.

First, if you're using a microSD card in your P9, pop that out and use it in your S20FE.

In terms of content on the internal storage, I'd recommend using Smart Switch. You can download it from the Play Store on your P9, and it should be built-in to your handset.

If you need any guidance on how to do this, just comment back and I can share some steps with you!

Best wishes,
Tom 😀
stan241165
Journeyman
Options
Cheers mate, yeah can you step me through it
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options

Okay, no worries! This process might take a while, so you might want to plug both phones into a charger before you start.

To start off - how to get the Smart Switch App on your P9:

1. Open the Google Play Store
  2. Search for Smart Switch. Once you've found it (should be a purple "S" icon), tap to install it.
  3. Done!

Setting up Smart Switch on your P9 (check the video attached)

:

1. Find Smart Switch on your home screen, or ask Google Assistant to Open Smart Switch, or search for it. Open Smart Switch.
  2. Grant Smart Switch the required permissions - this is so it can transfer the various bits of data
  3. Tell Smart Switch that you want to send data from this phone
  4. Choose the wireless option (unless you would rather use a cable)
  5. Done! Now set up SS on your S20 FE. (You may hear noises coming from your P9 - this is normal!)

Preparing Smart Switch on your S20 FE (see video):

1. Use the search bar on the app screen to search for Smart Switch. If this doesn't work, open Settings and search for Smart Switch.
  2. Once in Smart Switch, grant it the required permissions
  3. Tell Smart Switch you want to receive data
  4. Choose wireless again
  5. Your phones should be able to connect to each other, you may receive a prompt to confirm the connection.

Once this is complete, you'll be presented with options regarding what you'd like to transfer. Tick or untick as appropriate, and then continue.

The process is pretty much sit back and watch telly from this point!

Hope this helped, but if you need any additional details, check out this page Samsung's Smart Switch Page or comment again, and I'll try and do a proper demo.

Best wishes,

Tom 😀

stan241165
Journeyman
Options
Cheers mate your a star, I will give it a go thank you
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
Use the samsung smart switch app you can do it wireless and wired
0 Likes
stan241165
Journeyman
Options
Cheers mate
0 Likes
JamieGriff
Explorer
Options
Smart Switch is definitely the way to go. It's easy to use and usually fast and painless.
0 Likes
stan241165
Journeyman
Options
Cheers mate
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@CrazyTom2k2 's Description is spot on and should be easily followed,  however as the video does not seem to work I will put another one up here for those who are interested.  @stan241165  may well have it sorted by now though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes