Did you mean: 

Original topic:

trade-in

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 07:14 PM)
nott
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Has anyone else traded in a good phone to samsung only to be told they want more money because of a burn screen...is this a scam?
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@nott: Sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the result of your inspection. Screen burn isn't always immediately apparent, so it is likely that you weren't aware of the issue before sending it away, as opposed to it being a false claim. If you have any concerns about the inspection of your Existing Device, or wish to discuss the result of this inspection, please contact MTR at helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk.

0 Likes
antikythera
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
So Samsung fit AMOLED screens and then quibble about screen burn during trade-ins? That's taking the pee a bit really. Why don't the phones and tablets with these panels utilise pixel shift to prevent it? It would be undetectable to the user with the screen density and LG use it on their monitors to great effect
LeoXXL
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Been there before!
Traded note4 for note9 long ago, the phone had no scratches, no dent anywhere. But was asked to pay for extra repair and sent me a picture of the dented phone. The funny thing is the phone never had a dent, and was packed in an original box and put it in samsung sent return pack. I can rule out that it was damaged on the way to them. Ever since my trade ins are to retain old phone and clear the bill and start a fresh new account.
steca41
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
if you look on trust pilot. this company are always at it. there is hundreds of complaints about them trying to con money out of you saying the screen is burnt. I personally wouldn't use them and I'm surprised a company as big as samsung continues to use them aswell
JJB
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I traded in my perfectly working, and not even scratched S8 to Carphone Warehouse 4 weeks ago, but heard nothing. I emailed, used chat service, rang up. Customer service appalling. Last night I got an email saying they couldn't pay the £85 because of Screen Burn, but would only pay £20 for a non working phone. Absolutely lies, fraud and theft! I have asked for the phone back. I will never use Carphone Warehouse (mobile phones direct) again. Of course now owned by AOL. Fuming
0 Likes
JJB
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Still waiting for my phone to be returned. Appalling customer service from the Carphone Warehouse
0 Likes
unhappybear
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Just had a demand for £25, 3 months after it was sent to them. Very inefficient business at best. Also as use Samsung name poor reflection on them. Awaiting photo of alleged damage
0 Likes