Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in Scam

(Topic created on: 14-03-2023 10:42 PM)
ScammedTradeIn
Apprentice
Options
Traded in my perfectly fine S20+ for the new S23 ultra. Got an email charging me £75 as my phone has "screen burn" which never did. Actually screen was great and phone didn't have a single scratch on it. There was a picture to proof fault which doesn't prove anything. Would take it back anytime, but how to trust it is not messed with? Or they will try to charge something else from the now used S23 Ultra? It is completely horrible to feel scammed for more money, falsely accused and powerless in this situation. Have Samsung buds, tablets, customer since S2 model and now can't even read the brands name that gets me angry with the situation. If not 100% about the phone integrity I would pay, fair enough. Just not the case at all!
10 REPLIES 10
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, what was the original trade-in offer Samsung gave you for your s20 plus device?
0 Likes
ScammedTradeIn
Apprentice
Options
£290 off trading in my Galaxy S20 Plus 5G - G986B - 128GB
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Tried to charge me £25 last year for perfect conditioned phone called Samsung customer services and complained about the trade in company and it got dropped
G G
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ScammedTradeIn  I am aware that some customers have issues with Trade Ins (via MTR Group)  but others fine the process smooth and satisfactory (not had a problem myself)

For your own protection it is advisable to take pictures of your Device for evidence before posting.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Have you called their customer service & tried having a (respectful) discussion with them, explaining they might of made a mistake?
Remember they get thousands of trade-in devices & it's possible they could of mistaken your device for another? You never know its worth a try, just let them know your device was in perfect working order, with no sign or screen burn in, no matter what don't loose your temper with them.
Please let me know how it turns out.
Wishing you the best outcome.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Unfortunately I cannot relate. I've now successfully traded in an S20 Ultra, Tab S7+ and now S22 Ultra with Samsung. All have been accepted perfectly fine without issue.
0 Likes
ScammedTradeIn
Apprentice
Options
I've traded worst ones in the past myself or my Mrs and this one in immaculate condition got "caught" out of the blue, hence my disbelief with the situation.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Same thing happened to me when I traded in a less than one year old S20+ for the S22 Ultra by the 3rd party company who deal with Samsung trade ins. I felt robbed as you are kind of at a point of no return so Samsung's trade in offer was £75 higher than they actually paid. One of the reasons I went to my network provider for my recent upgrade instead of Samsung. But it does mean selling the phone yourself if you don't want to keep it. Samsung should put a clear warning on their offer page that the trade in offer can be reduced
0 Likes
ScammedTradeinAgain
First Poster
Options
I'm literally now going through this. So so upset for same reasons that It is completely horrible to feel scammed for more money, falsely accused and powerless in this situation.

Can anyone help. It's 2:45 in morning and can't sleep because of this total rubbish
0 Likes