Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took a picture of the trees at pitch night and it looks like day! Insane!

(Topic created on: 25-09-2022 12:30 AM)
A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options

Night time picture taken 12:05 am S20+ basic camera module settings 4.0 zoom taken 24.9.2022

Note: taken on 4 zoom which explains blurr and low quality is due to another app!
6 REPLIES 6
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
To be honest, you are better to use a flash. Unless you really need a longer exposure.

Night mode is not something I like. It always seems to introduce unwanted noise.

Manual mode (pro mode) will let you set the sensitivity of your shots. For example an iso 80 will be equivalent of 692 in full frame terms. So a value of about between 400 and 800 iso in full frame terms.

Another thing i don't like about Njght mode is oversharpening. But something new in the latest One UI is the ability to use the 108 megapixel mode.

The problem is unless you have a large sensor camera it will introduce noise earlier.

In a way night mode is taking multiple exposures and combining them. A bit like hdr except at night or low light situations.

For night out photos it is fine.

Sorry for hijacking your post. It also brings up another topic. Night filters for reducing light pollution and unwanted glare.

Ok all that aside.....

Night mode as a feature is a neat trick for capturing things you were otherwise you wouldn't be aware of. It can only get better in future phones. As sensors get larger and iso sensitivity improves. Again I think just improving the sensitivity before increasing the ido range would make sense.

Anyway. Keep having fun and snapping away.
0 Likes
A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options
Ye I ain't sure flash will reach 4.0 zoom
Sxd3qur
Apprentice
Options
A bit blurry
0 Likes
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
Perhaps not. I looked at the specifications of your handset. The camera array is a bit odd. The telephoto camera is 29mm equivalent/1 .1x optical zoom and x3 hybrid. So that means 3.3x which is an odd figure basically 3. Also it has pixel binning. 4-in1 so less resolution than the advertised 64 mp.

To be fair, all current smartphones are all the same due to size constraints

0 Likes
A-FAST-ASSISTsimple
Pathfinder
Options
Yea blurr is to be expected at 4 zoom but we can't get everything we want
0 Likes
Sxd3qur
Apprentice
Options
True
0 Likes