Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

To Samsung: returning/replacing S20s - how to?

(Topic created on: 29-03-2020 09:01 PM)
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Anonymous User

I appreciate everybody is working diferently these days and I hope you are all ok and that Samsung acted promptly to protect you.

The issue: I purchased a S20 Ultra (and case) back in early March. I've been using it but found the camera would not focus on objects in proximity that my S10+ never had any trouble with. I heard about the update you would be issuing but in the end it didn't really improve anything for me. I decided I would return the phone. I boxed the phone up ready to send back to you (with it's case) and then found that your courier, DPD, had ceased permitting us to drop off parcels: I tried their local depot and Drop Off shops. I looked at post offices - they were also closed. That was on Friday 27 March.

I thought I would try a S20+ as to replace my Ultra and that arrived, surprisingly, on Saturday 28 March. Your courier, DPD, will deliver but seemingly not collect items. I have been using the S20+ for a few days and whilst it is overheating (like everybody else's seems to be) the camera focus is much better and almost on a par with the S10+. I realise I prefer the S20+ size and weight too.

So I have an S20 Ultra that is reaching the end of it's 28 day return, with no means to return it to you for the foreseeable future. I would like my £1200+ back please. Please can you advise what I can do to return the Ultra to you in time for the 28 day or can you confirm reciept of my email (in addition to the automated response) and this message and that you will comit to processing the returned items as if they were sent back within 28 days, regardless of the date that you recieve them? Please can you also arrange for a full refund (subject to you checking the items are unmarked and in normal working order) of my first order?

Other users may find your response informative for them hence posting here.

Thank you.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
CarlH
Options

Hi @SmallFish. In this case it would be best to contact the Online Shop Team directly on 03307 267 467 for further assistance regarding this. Please note that they may be at reduced capacity at the moment. 

0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

I've already tried that thanks. I spent two days being told that the building had been evacuated because of an emergency.
As such, it would not seem to be a reduced capacity but zero capacity?

It would be good if an answer could be given here - otherwise should all potential buyers assume that Samsung will not honour the 28 day return period? Customers here are anxious about this.

Pressy
Apprentice
Options

Sadly I'm starting to feel the same way. I had a perfectly good s10 but decided to use the upgrade programme to get the s20 ultra, plain and simple on the camera features alone.  Its far too big for me as a phone but as I take so many pics I thought it was worth both the extra expense and the size...

Every now and then I get a good photo with the ultra, but generally they all seem comprised in some way and the zoom while impressive isn't what I expected. And now I don't seem to be able to video at super wide angle or zoom, which I could on my s10...

I now find myself regretting this upgrade, first time ever having had every even number s series so far...

So now in same boat wondering how to return...

Solution
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

It's like a lesson in how to make a bad situation worse... 😞

The only Samsung page I have found that supports what others have noticed to:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Call us

Smartphone support | Temporarily suspended
All Products support | Temporarily suspended

Live chat

Smartphone support | Mon-Sun | 9am to 6pm
All product support | Mon-Sun | 9am to 6pm

START CHATTING

Facebook Messenger

Mon-Sun | 9am-9pm

SEND US A MESSAGE

Twitter

Mon-Sun | 9am-9pm

TWEET US

Write to us

Samsung Customer Support
Selectapost 38, Sheffield, S97 3FJ

Online shop Support

Due to the impact of COVID-19, our customer support team is operating at a reduced capacity. We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience.

Online shop FAQ

Find answers to all your questions about
ordering, payment, delivery and returns.

0 Likes
Woodstar
Pioneer
Options
My S20 plus isn't overheating!!The battery though is dire compared to my P20 Pro!!
Honestly wished id kept it and gone SIM free!
0 Likes
tf2006
Navigator
Options

Press option 2 not 1 when you get through. I did the same as you and got they were closed but option 2 got me through. I now have DPD coming to collect mine as it's going back as I keep losing network connection 

0 Likes
Kyle94
Pioneer
Options

You need to use a small pick up shop like a Nisa or DayToday to use the Royal Mail services as big branches are closed.

S20 Ultra 5G 512GB
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

I started the day by ringing DPD having been told that their depots had closed to customers and their drop off services had been ended: this was the case and I discovered by trying their depot first. The depot staff told me that local drop off services were still running. They weren't! Seriously bad communications in DPD/fobbing off.

DPD, for the first time they gave me a straight answer - they are indeed only collecting parcels directly from customers: I believe this is national so any parcels left with local shops might be there some time! Unfortuantely, Samsung need to arrange this even ifthe return labels are provided and boxes ready to be collected.

Having tried the Samsung phone number at 0930 this morning to be told that all customer support was suspended and to look on Samsung's website instead (they were only accepting voicemails for emergency life or death customer support), I tried their web chat. I got through to somebody who listened and then agreed to ring me and forward my call on to internally to their sales/customer services who could help. They did this after I explained my experience so far. After about a 20 minute wait, I was passed to another colleague who had been briefed as to what I was trying to do.

The second Samsung colleague undertstood exactly the issue and what they needed to do and confirmed DPD will collect the parcels tomorrow. I had an email to confirm this too.

Now, I might be presuming wrong, however I suspect both these Samsung colleagues were located in Asia as they were extraordinarily polite and even tried to apologise on the virus' behalf. The hold music was so tranquile. If I'm correct, I don't see why my request had to be handled on the other side of the world - but I am very grateful it was! I also think those staff need to be commended.

0 Likes