Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips required to extend battery life on S20 5G

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 10:47 AM)
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options

So I am having battery life issues with my Samsung galaxy S20 5G. Is the upgrade to S21 worth it (base model)?

13 REPLIES 13
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
the battery life will be better but not by a huge margin I wouldn't upgrade just for this reason. I was considering the same idea. if you want good battery you would need to look at the plus or ultra but for me personally they are too big and too expensive so waiting for s22
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
also you got to remember the s21 is a downgrade in some ways, you get a plastic back, no sd card slot and only a FHD screen, what you do get is slightly better battery life and better camera
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Its not worth the upgrade but I can help you save battery a lot as I have done with my s20 plus so please allow me to give you some tips on how to make battery life better on your phone
0 Likes
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
sure :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Solution
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
First tip, always keep dark mode on if thats ok, secondly, go to settings, then go to connections, go to more connection settings and turn off nearby device scanning as this uses a lot of battery in the background, and the third tip is to uninstall any apps that you don't use because the less apps there are, the less that your battery will be wasted in the background. Before I changed all these settings on my s20 plus, the battery would last about 6.5 hours but now I have changed the settings, the battery gives me about 9 to 10 hours before it dies which is a huge improvement. Please use these tips and you will have a much longer lasting phone and battery. Hope this helped!
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
thanks. will see if it helps. it is now 14:00 and I took it off charge a few mins ago, still on 100
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Ok I hope you get better battery life, please let me know if you see a difference. Goodbye
0 Likes
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
big difference. it's currently on 97 and I'm using it for my maths work. thanks very much!
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
wow thats amazing, how long have you been using it for and how much percentage is the battery on now?
0 Likes