Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of trading in your old Samsung for a shiny new S20? Think again...

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 11:08 PM)
DCZH
Apprentice
Options

Well I was expecting £200 trade in for my S8 Plus against an S20 Ultra - now Samsung has received the S8 Plus they claim it has screen burn in at the top of the screen beside the time and want £100 from me. Well this phone is just over two years old. So either Samsung are selling phones with screens not fit for purpose or they are trying to rip me off. This will be the last Samsung I buy. 

121 REPLIES 121
sammy2000
Journeyman
Options

I ordered my new phone about mid April, and got it not long after that, and sent the old one early may as needed to wait for the return package to arrive. 

0 Likes
grizor
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me, traded in an s9+ just under 2 years old, now been hit with a £100 charge for burn in where the lower menu bar was. Total nonsense if you ask me, should be classed as normal wear and tear as that menu is a stock samsung ui element. 

Capture2.JPG

0 Likes
Martin1958
First Poster
Options
Well Samsung Trade in have just replied and given me the following options.. Thank you for your email.

I am sorry that a charge has been applied, this is because your handset does not meet the minimum requirements of the Samsung Trade In Programme.

Screen burn occurs over time and would have been present prior to you sending us your handset.

If you are unhappy with the surcharge there are alternative options available:

1. Return your new handset to Samsung and we can return your trade in device free of charge

2. Pay the promotional discount you received and we return your trade in device free of charge

3. Pay the surcharge and we can complete the order

Please advise how you wish to proceed.

I shall now contact Samsung disputes and resolutions dept
0 Likes
nsharma
Explorer
Options

I am escalating this scam as per the advice of citizen Advice Bureau.

I have given them 2 weeks time to respond, after which I will report this SCAM to trading standards, Watchdog, Daily Mail and other national new sites.

I will charging Samsung for all my costs, time spent, and distress caused.

Please join me and we can file the legal case togather and expose this Samsung scam.

This is the last reply I received from Samsung :

Good afternoon ,

Thank you for your reply.

That’s not a problem, please escalate this with Samsung directly and keep us informed so we can assist you further.

Kind regards,

@Martin1958 wrote:
Well Samsung Trade in have just replied and given me the following options.. Thank you for your email.

I am sorry that a charge has been applied, this is because your handset does not meet the minimum requirements of the Samsung Trade In Programme.

Screen burn occurs over time and would have been present prior to you sending us your handset.

If you are unhappy with the surcharge there are alternative options available:

1. Return your new handset to Samsung and we can return your trade in device free of charge

2. Pay the promotional discount you received and we return your trade in device free of charge

3. Pay the surcharge and we can complete the order

Please advise how you wish to proceed.

I shall now contact Samsung disputes and resolutions dept

Samsung Recycle Team

www.samsungrecycle.co.uk

0 Likes
devon1978
First Poster
Options

Good luck, Everytime I speak to Samsung they refer me back to their "colleagues" at Samsung Repair AKA MTR Group Limited... The company ripping us off.

I will wait to receive this email and then say I will go for option 1, but tell them they will be paying for special delivery postage for the return of my new phone to Samsung and the return of my old phone. I will also be questioning how they will be settling my credit account with Klarna and how they plan on refunding me the £100 I have already paid on the new mobile.

If they dont play ball then I will have no hesitation in completing a "Money Claim Online" (Small Claims Court) and pursuing the matter this way.

It is clearly a con from the amount of people now complaining about this. Don't forget to post a review on Trust Pilot aswell as that is where must people are going to leave a negative review against Samsungrecycle.co.uk (MTR Group).

0 Likes
Martin1958
First Poster
Options

I called Samsung customer services yesterday lunchtime. The lady said she would speak to another depot and get back to me. A few hours later I had an email from the Trade in people to say my order was now COMPLETE. I then had another email from Samsung customer services to say that the fee had been waived so they must have the ability to

tell them immediately. 

tell the repair company straight away.

So I would speak to Samsung again. I just told them that there was no way my phone had screen burn and they just asked me to forward on the original ema

0 Likes
Martin1958
First Poster
Options

Sorry. Message got scrambled! Just to clarify, Samsung asked me to forward the original email with the photo of allegedly my phone. 

0 Likes
Biffa
Journeyman
Options

I'll see where this gets me...20200515_181852.jpg

DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options
im just going to sell it cex for £200-240 as thats what they are buying s9s at.. or musicmagpie or webuyanyphone. samsung offered same price but i had to post it within X days. so i'll just do it at cex or something as it gives me time to sort it
0 Likes
Biffa
Journeyman
Options

So after my email sent to the 'CEO' everything is sorted and the fee waived.

Ridiculous that one has to go to these measures!

0 Likes