Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of trading in your old Samsung for a shiny new S20? Think again...

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 11:08 PM)
DCZH
Apprentice
Options

Well I was expecting £200 trade in for my S8 Plus against an S20 Ultra - now Samsung has received the S8 Plus they claim it has screen burn in at the top of the screen beside the time and want £100 from me. Well this phone is just over two years old. So either Samsung are selling phones with screens not fit for purpose or they are trying to rip me off. This will be the last Samsung I buy. 

121 REPLIES 121
pippsy
Student
Options

*edit*

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @pippsy I've edited your email address from your public post (or else you're likely to get hit by spammers 😉).

If you want to send Manisha1 a Private Message with your email address you can do so by clicking on their profile here: Manisha1, scroll down and then click 'Send a message'. 🙂👍

0 Likes
Pippylong1910
Apprentice
Options

I am so glad that I researched this as I have just had my trade in rejected on the same grounds. I was expecting 250 for my mint condition S9 and lo and behold I get an email of a phone with stripes on it saying they want 100 for screen burn! I'm incensed as my phone certainly did not have screen burn and was switched off in transit. It's insulting and having now read all the below similar claims feels absolutely like a scam. 

JillianB
Journeyman
Options

Give them a call and explain what's happened. We did and had a satisfactory conclusion. 

Pippylong1910
Apprentice
Options

Hi who did you ring the general customer care number as there is nothing on the email from the demand for the money.

0 Likes
JillianB
Journeyman
Options

Yes, we rang the general customer care number. There were no contact details on the email we had demanding money either. They also sorted it out within 24 hours. 

Manisha1
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much for doing that I appreciate it x 

0 Likes
Manisha1
Journeyman
Options

After complaining to watchdog, putting my complaint on all Samsung pages that I could and sent them an email that said I wouldn't be backing down as I 100% categorically knew my 10 month Old phone did not have screen burn it was resolved. Never again though. 

JillianB
Journeyman
Options

We managed to sort it out with a phone call. We all know our phones did not have screen burn. I also had the photo of a phone with stripes on the screen, which I do not believe was my phone. Anyway, it's been resolved which I'm happy about, and it was resolved quickly too. 

Manisha1
Journeyman
Options

I sent an email to them initially and said that I would be taking it further. I added so much in that email..not least I would happily receive my mint condition phone back, testify to the fact and have others that would too as they wiped the phone for me. I also said that I wanted a full and detailed report from the moment the phone entered their premise. It was almost an a4 letter size. But it worked. I wasn't ever going to back down mind. I also wrote to watchdog and complained on every page about samsung that they would see.