Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of trading in your old Samsung for a shiny new S20? Think again...

(Topic created on: 27-08-2021 06:20 PM)
DCZH
Apprentice
Options

Well I was expecting £200 trade in for my S8 Plus against an S20 Ultra - now Samsung has received the S8 Plus they claim it has screen burn in at the top of the screen beside the time and want £100 from me. Well this phone is just over two years old. So either Samsung are selling phones with screens not fit for purpose or they are trying to rip me off. This will be the last Samsung I buy. 

121 REPLIES 121
Magpiemale
Apprentice
Options

It's not a very good picture of the screen it looked OK prior to sending.
N.Carr
Hide quoted text

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021, 10:55 Samsung Trade-In, <samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk> wrote:
Samsung Trade-in

Magpiemale_0-1619624372904.png

Problem with your switch

There has been a problem with your order.

Programme reference: 441813

Upon inspection of your device we found the following fault:

Screen Burn: No Display or Blobs/Pixels/Lines present

See picture below:
Magpiemale_1-1619624375409.png

In order to proceed you will need to pay £25.00 excess to complete your order. You can pay using the secure link to SagePay below. Payments will be made directly to our repair centre MTR Group Ltd.

Magpiemale_2-1619624372898.png

Kind Regards
Samsung Trade-in Team

Magpiemale_3-1619624372882.jpeg

Magpiemale_4-1619624372901.jpeg

Magpiemale_5-1619624372906.jpeg

Magpiemale_6-1619624378441.jpeg

Magpiemale_7-1619624372908.jpeg

Copyright – 2021 © Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited. All rights reserved.
Contact us | Privacy
The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender. To any recipient of this message within MTR Group Limited, unless otherwise stated, you should consider this message and attachments as MTR Group Limited confidential.
MTR Group Limited
Registered in England no. 07839241
Address: Unit 10 Spire Green Centre, The Pinnacles, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5TR, United Kingdom
0 Likes
Xeon97
First Poster
Options
I have received a similar email for my one plus 7 Pro trade in against the fold 3. They are lying scamming people. I have pictures of proof prior to postage and the phone was in mint condition.
0 Likes
Duo Maxwell
First Poster
Options

my s9+ indeed DOES have burn in you can see the keyboard and the signal bars, battery, wifi symbol on the top right when youre not even on the screen. But what 3 year old OLED phone does NOT have burn in? Also if all t he wanna charge is 25 bucks, thats nothing Im ok with that, but why not just take 20 dollars off the 225 trade in credit youre getting for the device?

Besides the trade in program says your phone must be free of cracks and water damage, not ANYWHERE on the page does it mention burn in

0 Likes
Garywilson22
First Poster
Options

Push for them to prove that the phone they pictured was yours and get them to prove the IMIE number. 

I just chopped in my fold 2 for the fold 3 so i will be interested to see what they try and say about that. 

0 Likes
Ron
First Poster
Options

I have had a similar message. I traded my Note 9 for a Z3. I have received a message saying it haz vibration rattle. The phone was in perfect condition and returned in the original bok still with the cellophane attached.

I kept the phone in 2 cases for protection.

Iasked to send the Z3 back and have my phone returned. I love the Z3 but it's a matter of principle.

Apple for me in future.

0 Likes
nsharma
Explorer
Options
Please escalate, write to Samsung CEO in UK and USA. Write to trading standards, this is a scam and must be reported.
0 Likes
mikewickens
First Poster
Options

Not a phone but Watch in this example, I got this email today which is 100% nonsense , there was absolutely nothing wrong with my watch they don't even show me any evidence just pay them £25. I suspect like others in this thread that this company they are using MTR are trying it on. I have asked for evidence of the touch screen not working as I know this is not true.

I do have some contacts within Samsung as I'm testing some of there device so I will share this thread and my experience , does anyone have a phone number for MTR ?ss.PNG

0 Likes
Members_bOYQ8TJ
First Poster
Options

Had the same experience with this company.  Traded in an immaculate S7 towards an A52s only to get an email a few days later saying they wanted a £25 excess due to screen burn.   The pic they sent was blurred and you could not make out the S/No. or IMEI.  I asked for a clearer picture which they sent in minutes.   unfortunately for them I had taken pictures of my phone before I sent it in and there was clearly no screenburn.  Sent the pic with a email complaining about it being as sharp practice to get more money and threatening further legal / social media action.  Unsurprisingly it took until the next day to get a reply to that email, and the outcome............. they said there was screenburn was still there, but closed my case quietly ...... no excess to pay.  CLEARLY A SCAM

0 Likes
AW88
First Poster
Options

They're still doing the same thing! First time ever I decided to trade in my phone - perfect condition, I just wanted an upgrade (I generally pass them on to family but I thought £150 was a good contribution to the new S20 FE). I sent in my Galaxy S10 and today I got an email to say there was a problem with it. Absolutely false! They want £50 from me and I am going to fight this as it's a scam. If anyone can advise on the best way to do it, I would very much appreciate it.

They said they attached a photo in the email but there wasn't even an attachment!

AW88_0-1642764928645.png

Absolutely disgusting behaviour! First and last time I do a trade in.

0 Likes
DCZH
Apprentice
Options

This time I traded-in my S20 Ultra for an S22 Ultra. In preparation I used the screen check app which displays a range of colours to help identify any screen burn or other problems with the screen, I also took a video of this process and the IMEI number etc. to ensure I had clear evidence that the phone was immaculate. I even took a video of how I packed it. Fortunately, MTR didn't try and scam me this time, but I was glad I made the effort for my own piece of mind.

0 Likes