Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of trading in your old Samsung for a shiny new S20? Think again...

(Topic created on: 08-06-2020 09:19 PM)
DCZH
Apprentice
Options

Well I was expecting £200 trade in for my S8 Plus against an S20 Ultra - now Samsung has received the S8 Plus they claim it has screen burn in at the top of the screen beside the time and want £100 from me. Well this phone is just over two years old. So either Samsung are selling phones with screens not fit for purpose or they are trying to rip me off. This will be the last Samsung I buy. 

121 REPLIES 121
Sapi86
Apprentice
Options

it's crazy how many people had the same problem...i received the email today. Good i checked online because it looks lot like a scam...i will never use trade in again.

I have reply to their email saying my ohonehad no screen burn and either they waive off the charges or i will contact a manager and the samsung escalation team. Let's see what happen...of not I'll xontaxt

contact the CEO too and live very bad reviews around...is unfair!!!

0 Likes
grizor
First Poster
Options
I did the same - "emailing the ceo". Samsung contacted me by phone and said they would try to get the fee waived. Still waiting on a resolution.

Need to be extra wary when trading in a Samsung phone next time due to this as the burn in on most of our phones is actually caused by normal use. (IE. the menu bar or status bar)
0 Likes
Sapi86
Apprentice
Options

After receiving the general email from the reclying team where they give me the option of send the phone back, I have emailed the Ceo and left a review on trust pilot. Let's see

0 Likes
grizor
First Poster
Options

Mine was waived today as well - so stupid that we have to go through all that nonsense to trade up.

It seems the email the ceo button is the way to do it.

They will call you from 03330000333 (in the UK) and ask about your query then say they'll try to get it waived. Just make sure to include a screenshot of the email with your phone and the supposed burn in.

0 Likes
topeav
Apprentice
Options

So this happened today I am very dissapointed my device was flawless I always took good care of it s9+

I complained and waiting to hear back now!!

It looks like a rip off 

Treating us like cash cows

Do you guys see anything wrong? Cause I don't
Untitled.png

Update

After complaying to samsung customer support I had my 50£ fee returned.

Definately this will make me fan boy samsung even more for future purchases.

0 Likes
republicofdave
First Poster
Options

I just got the same email after I sent in my S8 plus. I never noticed any issue with the screen. I wish I had just kept the phone and traded it in elsewhere. It really feels like they're taking advantage.

0 Likes
topeav
Apprentice
Options

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.samsungrecycle.co.uk

Leave them a bad review cause they have many fake positive comments or they beg for good comments 

Samsung to be honest don't care i tried reaching to them in twitter.

Next time I will think twice before buying samsung again 

Sapi86
Apprentice
Options

My trade in was completed today. 100£ fee waived. The samsung customer service was great...the problem is their repair centre!!!

BOBO2020
Student
Options

currently receiving the same issue 

0 Likes
PeteW21
First Poster
Options

I couldn't agree more, they just did the exact same thing with me today, I am fuming, mine phone was in great condition, no so called "screen burn" fault, I got in touch with customer service today and they won't do a thing about it, subcontracting to an external company to do their trade ins, watch out everyone because after doing some research we are not alone MTR Group is who want your money, if Samsung had that many issues with so called screen burn then they have a real issue, considereing their screen are supposed to be the best in the world.  Very dissapointed with the response and overall customer service, this will be my last ever samung device!!

UPDATE: Samsung have "waived" the excess charge, It seem as if they think they are doing you a favour by doing it when this shouldn't happen to people in the first place.  I have also had a seperate email regarding this direct from Billy at Samsung who I am going to report all of this to and get them to look into it.  Samsung have been quite responsive, since posting on here and trustpilot.  I will recommened they look into the shambles that is MTR, hopefully everyone else will get a satisfactory result.  Samsung have restored some faith and I will now conitnue to enjoy my S20 Ultra without the bitter taste left from MTR.