Original topic:

The wife new s20 5g

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 04:31 PM)
stevesellars
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi all posting on behalf of the wife.

She moved to an S20 from iphones and stayed with EE, She asked for her old number to be transferred to the new sim, which EE have done. However when anyone sends her a text to mob number ending in 208 she receives it on the correct number but when she replies it shows and replying from a different number ending in 247.  Now i know she didn't read the manual. How can she change this? Cheers 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
has she still got the iPhone? you may need to connect that iPhone to the WIFI and go into settings and turn imessenger off.

if its still happening you may need to wait 24 hours for EE systems to fully update the number transfer.

I'm curious to know... cause this was a upgrade you should have just kept the old sim for the new phone or they send out a blank sim (cause old sim different size)

is it one of them where you've taken out a new contract (cause its a better deal) that came with a new sim new number but you got EE to move your old number over? in affect cancelling the old account but keeping the old number?
0 Likes
stevesellars
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

She was a sim only, We took it out as additional line better offer on the phone she wanted moved her number over and cancelled she sim only.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yeah... thats called churning in the industry... they hate doing that. its a headache for the advisor cancelling the sim only. you're not meant to move a existing EE contract number to another EE contract number... its easier to port out to another network.

cause they've done it that way it prob take some time for it all to fully go through. you may need to turn the phone on and off every few hours to help refresh the sim services for the number to fully go through.
0 Likes
stevesellars
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
so we're now a few weeks into the wife swapping over from a iphone to a Samsung S20 and moving her number from one sim card at another same network EE. However still have the same issue, i can text her on the number ending in 208 and she receive it and reads it but when she replies it come back off the new sim card original number. i do on the rare occasion get a texts off her 208 number.
0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

So to confirm now, if you were to check with EE the wife Is only paying for just one mobile number? 

If this is the case, then the quickest easiest fix may be go to messages app, press three dots in right. Press settings, go to chat settings, turn rich communication/chat off

0 Likes