Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swipe up - accidental touch, after update.

(Topic created on: 29-01-2023 04:31 AM)
Mikrt
Journeyman
Options
My S20 updated last week.

I've occasionally, since new, had an accidental touch pop-up (correctly) after pulling phone out of pocket etc. , where I've swiped away from centre to clear.

After update though, there's a new one, where you need to swipe up. But it rarely works, no matter how carefully, slow or fast I do it. I have to turn of screen and try again a minute later.

I'd rather not turn it off as I can see a use for it, but I'll have to if it doesn't get better.

Anyone else having the same issue? 
10 REPLIES 10
Gadam06
First Poster
Options

Yes we have the exact same issue.

Since the update, the "swipe up" protecting against accidental touch is very capricious, sometimes not functional.

Hoping for a rapid update to fix it...

Members_hahPPJa
First Poster
Options

Yep, same here. Super annoying. Wish I could revert to the old version. 

Leahh
First Poster
Options

It doesn't work, period. It's actually really annoying and making me think does no one else have this problem?! So any other time of the day it never appears, then when my alarm goes off first thing in the morning, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of it, meaning that my alarm will ring and ring until it can no longer ring because I simply cannot swipe up to unlock it! It doesn't work, they need to sort it out, I've had to turn it off now, as I had no other choice. 

Mikrt
Journeyman
Options
I've now disabled mine. Just too much hassle, I'd rather have the consequences of screen turning on occasionally.
0 Likes
Rey112
First Poster
Options
Same issue here, this is dull. Can't believe it's still not fixed yet.
0 Likes
Members_aZApBLC
First Poster
Options

Hi have you found any fix to the touchscreen issue? I have just upgraded to android 13 yesterday and facing the exact problem

0 Likes
mobileuser72
First Poster
Options
Yes same here. Even more annoying when it's my alarm in the morning. The swipe up function for accidental touch or for alarm switch off does not work on the Samsung S20!
0 Likes
SeanF
First Poster
Options
Nothing worse than your phone accidentally starts ringing emergency services and your frantically trying to swipe to unlock and it doesn't work.
0 Likes
ridwann
First Poster
Options

facing same issue on my A22 and A30 phone after update. screen accidentally touch anything sometimes it is prevent me to unlock the screen. i also should restart the phone to make it normal again but after several minutes the touchscreen comes with error again. this is so frustrating 

0 Likes