Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Super fast charging not working and screen getting ghost touches after latest firmware update.

(Topic created on: 17-08-2022 02:01 PM)
Hairy_Beardo
Journeyman
Options

So I have the S20 FE Snapdragon phone. It has been working perfectly for over a year and a half now but as soon as it installed the latest firmware patch on Saturday it has broken the super fast charging feature. 

Now the phone will only charge for 5% or less before it stops charging completely. I bought a whole new official Samsung 2.0 super fast charger to check if it was my old charger causing the problem. It wasn't; the same problem happens with the new charger. I switched to a normal 15w fast charger and it charges the phone fine without any issues. So it is definitely the super fast charging feature that has been broken.

On a less serious but still irritating note, the screen also seems to be glitchy now. Now when I scroll there are random ghost touches and links get clicked on automatically. This never happened before unless it was me just having fat fingers. I turned off the touch sensitivity option in display settings but this didn't solve the problem.

The fact is I had none of these issues until Samsung dropped that update on my phone on Saturday. Is anyone else having these issues? If so, how quick are Samsung to issue a fix? The charging issue in particular is quite frustrating because there can be a difference in charging time of upto half an hour extra when charging from 10% or lower. I have a busy lifestyle so that can make a big difference to my schedule. Any thoughts and advice would be welcome. 

Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
Hairy_Beardo
Journeyman
Options

So Samsung released a firmware update today which I thought for sure was released to fix the problem. I just tried super fast charging my S20 FE again and I'm very annoyed to find that it hasn't fixed anything. It still only super fast charges a few percent before either stopping completely or restarting. I've been using a standard fast charger for over a week now and charging my phone is a complete chore. It takes way too long.

I'm starting to think Samsung have done this intentionally because we're approaching the two year mark of when the device originally released. They're probably going to use some nonsense excuse like its been done to protect the lifespan of the battery. I'm sorry, but that should be for us to decide, not the manufacturer. 

I'll now be VERY surprised if Samsung ever fixes this issue in a future firmware update given they completely ignored the problem in this latest one. If they don't then I pretty much done with Samsung phones. I've already been annoyed about them removing the headphone jack and especially the SD card slot out of sheer greed, but if they're now going to start patching out features of the phone then I'll take my money elsewhere. 

Hakan9
First Poster
Options

my phone took 1 agust update  and I have same problem it has broken the super fast charging feature

0 Likes
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
Wow😂😂
0 Likes
Solution
Hairy_Beardo
Journeyman
Options

So another firmware update was installed a couple of days ago and there's some great news - they've finally fixed both the super fast charging and touch screen issues! I've managed to charge my phone from below 5% to max on three occasions now and it has super fast charged each time without a problem. The touch screen is also no longer making accidental presses whilst scrolling.

It took a little longer than expected but better late then never. Hopefully they don't break the feature again!

Uzoma
Voyager
Options
Oh yeah forgot to tell you I installed mine on the 7th Sept and its all fixed
0 Likes
move1328
Apprentice
Options

Could you share that firmware version?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
Todorov90
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with A70. I've changed adapter + cable (original), and the charging board where are type C port - 0 result. The only temporary solution was factory reset. After update, the problem comes again. From Samsung try to convince me, that the problem comes from the battery lol. Before couple updates , there was no problem. And the factory reset proof that.

0 Likes