Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Fast charging is broken after August patch

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 01:13 PM)
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
After the August patch, superfast charging no longer charges my phone, it literally drops in percentage while plugged in. 

This issue only happens with 25W superfast charging enabled and the charger is plugged in, if its off or i use the 15W charger then my phone charges perfectly fine. 

14 REPLIES 14
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
Honestly, im a samsung fan and will want to keep using one but things like this makes me just want to no longer stick with them!
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Lets make 2 groups of users

1. People who have the issue - what charger and cable you use and you have the issue 

and

2. People who do not. 

what charger and cable you use and you do not have the issue.

We can file a proper complaint and bug report about it, using the data we collect here. As for Korean forums, they do not use 3rd party chargers by default. By default they use the same brand charger as the phone and do not even want to hear otherwise. They do not even care that Anker is every bit as good as Samsung, they do not care, do not listen. To them xiaomi phone with xiaomi charger, samsung phone with samsung charger is the only option for them. You get the idea. 

I am from the second group - I do not have the issue,  use the 45 watts Genuine Samsung EP-T4510 GaN charger with its default 5Amp cable. No issues whatsoever. 45 watts superfast 2.0 works just great.

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
I have the issue with my brand new genuine 25W samsung charger, its the firmware thats the issue, so no matter what 25W it will still occur, but if you unplug and plug sometimes it may fix but never permanently
0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

What charging mode the phone reports? Ot should be super fast 1.0. the stock cable for 25 watts cable is 3 amperes. It should identify as superfast, or superfast 1.0

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes
abrarytaufiiqul
First Poster
Options

Check out my thread bro for alternatife solutions https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/samsung-s20-fe-super-fast-charging-issue-masalah-super-... use translator.

0 Likes