Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Fast charging is broken after August patch

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 04:25 PM)
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
After the August patch, superfast charging no longer charges my phone, it literally drops in percentage while plugged in. 

This issue only happens with 25W superfast charging enabled and the charger is plugged in, if its off or i use the 15W charger then my phone charges perfectly fine. 

14 REPLIES 14
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
It's working ok on my S20 Ultra after the August update. Not sure with the S20 FE though. Hopefully somebody can shed some light on it.
0 Likes
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
I heard that samsung knows about it and will probably be releasing a bug fix soon
Members_BN7Ewtf
First Poster
Options

Wow, and I thought my Telefon is broken. It does charge somewhat okay with a standard USB cable as "fast charging" but "super fast charging" via USBC doenst work reliable. It sometimes shows charging while just draining the battery. Hope this gets fixed soon. (I have an S20 FE)

Uzoma
Voyager
Options
Same here, I even bought a brand new 25W charger off samsubg and it still won't charge, then i saw the reddit post and realised it was a software issue
Members_iSICgKh
Apprentice
Options

Same for me, I have the s20 FE. And they told me to send it to service for verification, i'm not sure I want to do that, the phone is 3 weeks old, i'm not going to send it for them to break it appart since this is a software issue. I was thinking to downgrade the software but it's risky and I might loose the warranty too

Uzoma
Voyager
Options
No don't send the phone to them, it would be pointless, just wait for the upcoming bug fix
0 Likes
CheBonkus
First Poster
Options

Same exact problem on the exynos S20 FE, hope they fix this soon, since it already doesn't help that even without this I get terrible battery life.

0 Likes
Members_YjOjkN6
Student
Options

Have the same issue. Puts me off getting a future Samsung. 

PockoBG
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem too! When i conncet the cable it gets up 1% and stops charging, but the charging notification and remaining time is there .....