Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange stain on screen

(Topic created on: 30-05-2020 07:03 PM)
Daniel19831983
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Few days ago I noticed a small stain, 5 millimeters in width and 1 millimeter width on the screen

At first I thought it was a scratch, but I noticed that if I clean the stain with a microfiber cloth, it completely disappears.

But when I touch with finger where it was or wets the area, The stain returns!

It looks like this place rejects fat and water.

why is it happening? Is there a way to clear this stain?

Go to solution
14 REPLIES 14
Daniel19831983
Explorer
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:

When it is clean you cannot notice anything?

Absolutely nothing seen on the  screen when it clean.

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Well i guess that it is the olepjobic which worned out.

Sooner or later it would have happened...

Ar-Pharazon
Student
Options

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread.  My S20 Ultra has a circular "wear zone" in the middle of the screen and I didn't realize there was already a screen protector on there and might have put a new protector over the old one 😅

My now 3 year old S8+ Edge (only used for games and internet now) has been used way more for Solitaire Megapack games and never developed that worn area.  So the protector on the S20 Ultra must be way cheaper than the previous one.

0 Likes
eduardofs1982
First Poster
Options

I got exactly the same issue on my Galaxy S 20 and Galaxy Note 10. In the both devices, the stain showed up after a few months of regular use...

0 Likes
Trucalissa
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my S23 after only 1 month of use. This is really frustrating, knowing you got the toughest gorilla glass on your phone and seeing damage in such short time.

RDT_20230327_164528525845747371399679.jpg

0 Likes