Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop the screen shutting off during a call! Please help!

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 07:26 PM)
kel1kek
Journeyman
Options

I know this has something to do with the proximity settings and if you are holding a phone up to your ear. But I have to use my phone for work and I use it exclusively as a speakerphone. Please tell me how I can stop the screen from shutting down during calls?  

Just hanging up a call  is an uncomfortable two handed hit of the power button on while in my phone dock, and only then can I hang up!  But often during a call I want to check the number of the caller, or check another app, and I look up to see a blank screen and essentially the phone being "off"!  

It's so irritating and I see no way to override it! 

I never hold the phone to my ear so don't even understand the function. But why would it ever do this one speakerphone? 

Please help.  

Samsung S20 FE 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
pmel
Navigator
Options
You can turn off all sensors and you can turn on/off in quick tile.
Developer menu - quick settings developer tiles - sensors on. Then add in tiles. Be careful, it will switch off all sensors.
Edit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iaPpbrYz-rE
AndrewL
Options

@kel1kek: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding this matter. Al I can suggest is heading to Settings > Display > Screen Timeout, and increasing this to the maximum setting (10 minutes). Furthermore, head to Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Double Tap To Turn On Screen (On) > Keep Screen On While Viewing (On). Let me know if this helps. 

Options
I agree, turn on "keep screen alive while viewing".. should help your situation 😉
mluvi
First Poster
Options

I may have come up with a workaround, as it looks like Samsung basically just screwed up with this one.  If, after you are on a speakerphone call, you press the home circle at the bottom of your screen, you'll go back to your "desktop".  The call you're currently on will show as a green strip along the top edge of your screen.  Since you are now "offically" on your desktop, the 10 minute screen timeout (which apparently is the longest you can set - another screw up by Samsumg - why can't you set it to Off???) will work and the screen will stay on.  Granted, you will have to click on the green strip to go back to your call, but that is at least somewhat better than having the screen go dark and having to unlock the phone every 10 seconds!

0 Likes