Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Secure folder warning

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 01:11 AM)
Leozin
Explorer
Options

After the latest update for S20, whenever the phone is restarted i have an icon on my screen for 'Secure Folder' that i can't get rid of? 

It's telling me to 'unlock secure folder to get notifications for apps that are in it'; its pretty annoying and UNSAFE having it on my screen with no way to remove it other then log in the secure folder. 

All i can do is set it to remind me again in a couple of hours, which isn't ideal as then I'm stuck with it on my screen again with my only option being to tell it to remind me in a couple of hours again!

I've tried looking at its options, alerts etc, but nothing works that'll get rid of it!?

This almost totally defeats the purpose of the secure folder, its a terrible safety policy.

55 REPLIES 55
Flores3
First Poster
Options

I just did this as recommended by Reddit. Let's see if it works. 

nOn each app inside the Secure Folder, hold down on the icon, and then click the "i" icon to get into the app details, then turn off notifications from the app(s) that are trying to send notifications.

0 Likes
Har666
First Poster
Options
Defeats the whole purpose of having a secure folder... Notification about secure folder

0 Likes
Gordw
First Poster
Options

Just share what I did, hope it help others,

1. Same, goto Secure Folder from setting

2. Auto lock secure folder: set to after phone restart.

3. Turn off all the apps notification in the "Notification and Data".

4. Turn off "Add Secure Folder to Apps Screen"

Wish it solve your problem

0 Likes
beebz
First Poster
Options

hmm... I think that is what everybody was trying. Does it mean that you do not see the icon in the notification bar after restarting the phone? And, does it mean that the option to turn off notifications by the secured folder is not greyed out for you? If, lets dig and learn what did the magic on your phone 🙂

0 Likes
BobT36
Journeyman
Options

Samsung, this is bonkers ridiculous. 
I'm getting this and haven't even put anything in the secure folder yet. Every restart it announces it's presence to anyone looking at it, on the lock screen of all things! 

WHY? 
Turn this off please, I KNOW I have a secure folder, I KNOW it's locked after every restart, I want it to be! I'll quite happily unlock it when I'm ready, thankyou. I'd much rather it not just announce it's presence. 
The notification would be annoying enough if it could be dismissed, but just to add icing on the cake, it can't! 

FIX THIS *****

mbmelo
Student
Options

Same here: S23+ It doesn't make any sense.. you have a secure folder with hidden app included icon and the first thing samsung do is tell everybody that you have a secure folder in your mobile...  if my cellphone is stolen, first thing they will do is restart the phone and get this message. completely insane. 

PaulM1
Options

I appreciate your point, @mbmelo. As Secure Folder is an embedded app, however, it does mean that everyone will utilise this, and the notification will disappear once the folder is accessed. Moreover, as it requires a PIN, pattern, password, or fingerprint to access the folder, your data remain secure.

The guide below gives some helpful steps about using and customising your Secure Folder:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-secure-folder-and-how-do-i-use-it/

0 Likes
mbmelo
Student
Options

But if everyone is using the app this way, samsung could review this point of view. Maybe samsung is wrong not the users.  keep the app safe but, please do not show the exists a secure folder is the best option. Thanks for you answer. (sorry if any english errors.)

0 Likes
babev3
First Poster
Options

Someone please help. I'm having the same problem with my samsung galaxy z fold 4 every time I restart just after this last update. I've tried everything. Turned off all the notification permissions inside and outside of the folder. I even did the lock secure folder after restarting option too. Make it go away.

0 Likes
BjBnet
First Poster
Options

Changing the folder name and icon is the best suggestion I've seen so far. It doesn't fix anything but it makes it look less interesting. Named mine Microsoft System Folder for now. 

0 Likes