Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Secure folder warning

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 01:11 AM)
Leozin
Explorer
Options

After the latest update for S20, whenever the phone is restarted i have an icon on my screen for 'Secure Folder' that i can't get rid of? 

It's telling me to 'unlock secure folder to get notifications for apps that are in it'; its pretty annoying and UNSAFE having it on my screen with no way to remove it other then log in the secure folder. 

All i can do is set it to remind me again in a couple of hours, which isn't ideal as then I'm stuck with it on my screen again with my only option being to tell it to remind me in a couple of hours again!

I've tried looking at its options, alerts etc, but nothing works that'll get rid of it!?

This almost totally defeats the purpose of the secure folder, its a terrible safety policy.

55 REPLIES 55
hr0201
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue with a Galaxy S20 FE. I started getting the notification recently - I guess a couple weeks ago (?) so mid-December 2022. I know there were two phone updates recently... 

When I go to Settings - Notifications - App notifications, there's no listing for Samsung Secure Folder. 

Exasperating. Sigh

Nellyboy
First Poster
Options
I have an older s10lite . Its been a brilliant phone for 4 years but this secure folder notify the world why dont we thing is a disaster . As my phone is so old now I'm due to replace in a month or two . Cant say I want a secure folder advertised on it , so maybe go with google phone after 12 years of samsung phones too 🤷‍♂️
Rmins
Student
Options

Having the same concerns. Would love to see Samsung fix this asap!

rxmnt
First Poster
Options

Jokes on you, Pixel phones don't even have a secure folder.

0 Likes
Networked
Apprentice
Options
Same issue here very frustrating
Beeple
First Poster
Options

So first off, if you click the notification about unlocking the secure folder to get notifications , it takes you to the secure folder. When you log in to the secure folder, the notification disappears. So that solves the problem of the undismissible notification about the secure folder.

The notification occurs every time the phone reboots. As to why this happens, on another site, someone asked Samsung, they said doing so solved some sort of security issue: “Thank you very much for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This notification is a concept that was recently discussed with the security department to enhance the security of the security folder. Previously, when the device was unlocked after rebooting, it was provided to enable app operation (Notification, etc.) inside the security folder for the convenience of the user, but according to the analysis that this operation may be vulnerable to security of the security folder while the terminal is unlocked, it has been changed to enable app operation inside the security folder only when the user explicitly unlocks the security folder during rebooting. Therefore, if you do not unlock the security folder after rebooting, you will not be able to operate the internal app, so we will provide a guide noti for this. Please understand that this is a measure to strengthen the security of the secure folder, and the notification is displayed only when rebooted, and once released, it does not occur again." https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Secure-folder-notification-at-startup/td-p/24307...

Not exactly sure what it means, but since you can get rid of the notification and it occurs only once on reboot, it’s a pain, but I’m mostly fine with it.

Also, you can hide the secure folder by swiping down the quick panel and then toggling on/off the “Secure Folder” icon.

And best still, you can go into the Secure Folder and tap the three dots on the upper right and go to "customize" to rename the secure folder something innocuous like “Google Assistant” or “Nova Launcher” and change the icon as well.

Ermatto
Apprentice
Options

".... if you click the notification about unlocking the secure folder to get notifications , it takes you to the secure folder. When you log in to the secure folder, the notification disappears. "

--> notification doesn't disappear, it will come back later!

"Also, you can hide the secure folder by swiping down the quick panel and then toggling on/off the “Secure Folder” icon"

---> you cannot switch it off

solution is still not provided by samsung ... i dont want to use this secure folder... i dont need it how can i disinstall it? why i cannot do on MY phone?
thanks for someone who can give me help/answer

bastelik
Student
Options

same issue here. hoping for a solution that allows to turn this senseless notification off for good.

0 Likes
Leozin
Explorer
Options

Still no solution here guys... anybody updated to Android 13 to check this out?

0 Likes
dusty99
First Poster
Options
I've been trying to get rid of the notification for months, really annoying. I do use the secure folder but the notification annoys me every single day . Any updates on how to remove this. I've been down every avenue possible on my phone, it's like a mosquito 😭😭😭