Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Secure folder warning

(Topic created on: 23-04-2023 08:19 PM)
Leozin
Explorer
Options

After the latest update for S20, whenever the phone is restarted i have an icon on my screen for 'Secure Folder' that i can't get rid of? 

It's telling me to 'unlock secure folder to get notifications for apps that are in it'; its pretty annoying and UNSAFE having it on my screen with no way to remove it other then log in the secure folder. 

All i can do is set it to remind me again in a couple of hours, which isn't ideal as then I'm stuck with it on my screen again with my only option being to tell it to remind me in a couple of hours again!

I've tried looking at its options, alerts etc, but nothing works that'll get rid of it!?

This almost totally defeats the purpose of the secure folder, its a terrible safety policy.

55 REPLIES 55
CG832
First Poster
Options

Just upgraded to the S23 Ultra from an aging S10+ and now I'm having the exact same issue. Never had this issue on my previous 3 Sammy phones. They need to fix this.

Frito
First Poster
Options

I got a 22+ a month ago. Same problem. 

0 Likes
Koolaid
Apprentice
Options

Samsung fix this annoying & ridiculous notification on my A23!! 

0 Likes
RMaddox
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20230324_194441_Secure Folder.jpg

Go to settings, secure folder settings and I think it was Advanced that I found this in. Gone now! 

Bihn-Xi
Apprentice
Options

No it does not do the job unfortunately. The only thing that helps is not having any apps in the secure folder, which means not using it at all...which is not what I need. 

0 Likes
Bihn-Xi
Apprentice
Options

I and many others would like to have this security leak seald asap.

Since it is been going on for months I am confident, you dear Samsung had enough time to work on a solution to kill this bug.

Please.

scooter90
First Poster
Options

That made it go away but came back with restart.

Is anybody at Samsung paying attention to these complaints? This renders the secure folder concept COMPLETELY USELESS! If notifications in it are a security issue then DISABLE NOTIFICATIONS! Does anyone even use notifications in the secure folder???

chazzymaster
Apprentice
Options

I strongly suspect that samsung does not care about this problem. ***** like us keep on buying their stuff, so they don't have any motivation to fix their stuff. maybe they're turning into microsoft.......

HomeSlice420
Student
Options

Yeah I hate secure folder I had to recently do a factory reset on my S22 Ultra and the dumb app didn't even backup all my pics and videos I moved to the secure folder I wished someone would find a way to disable it, I've tried but it won't let me force stop it even, if anyone figures something out please lmk -casey- 

Nonnyneenee
First Poster
Options

Yes! That's why I'm here. Soooooooo annoying!