Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Secure folder warning

(Topic created on: 10-12-2022 08:35 PM)
Leozin
Explorer
Options

After the latest update for S20, whenever the phone is restarted i have an icon on my screen for 'Secure Folder' that i can't get rid of? 

It's telling me to 'unlock secure folder to get notifications for apps that are in it'; its pretty annoying and UNSAFE having it on my screen with no way to remove it other then log in the secure folder. 

All i can do is set it to remind me again in a couple of hours, which isn't ideal as then I'm stuck with it on my screen again with my only option being to tell it to remind me in a couple of hours again!

I've tried looking at its options, alerts etc, but nothing works that'll get rid of it!?

This almost totally defeats the purpose of the secure folder, its a terrible safety policy.

55 REPLIES 55
dmc0039
First Poster
Options

As far as I can tell the phone will not even allow you the permissions to turn it off. It's been driving me crazy. So I delved as deep as I could, and there is a button to turn it off. However, the phone won't allow you to swipe the button into the off position. This is a terrible design flaw and desperately needs patched. Your phone should not advertise that you have a secure folder every time it restarts. It shouldn't do it at all. Ever.

herpi
Explorer
Options

Same problem here. Other people with my phone in their hand:" You use a secure folder?" you have secrets for me?

BobDobalina
First Poster
Options

Exactly! If I had a bunch of secret stuff in there, I wouldn't want to advertise that fact. 

That's like OpSec 101.

I'm having the same problem on an s22 ultra. 

Pep4d
Explorer
Options
I've got same problem on my s22 ultra and have everything turned off HELP need this sorted ASAP any one found an answer plz.. Thankyou
Ermatto
Apprentice
Options

Hey guys, 
some help on this topic please? 
i have also to say that resetting password doesnt work, do you know why?

thanks 

Suckitsungsam
Apprentice
Options

How the hell did you uninstall it? Id like to murder its mother if I could this ***** thing....***** you Samsung.

JB2K22
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem its so frustrating. There must have been a new update last night (12/5/22) and my notifications look different kinda and that is fine but the dang secure folder won't go away. I don't even want to use it anymore now that its broadcasting that I have it on my phone. 

Between this and the samsung wallet / banking app not working idk if i'm going to support them or android anymore. I switched from iphone to z fold 3 for the gigantic screen but now the screen is cracked at the fold and i can't turn off notifications and i can't use my wallet. Whats the point then? 

ECinSF
Apprentice
Options

Yes. Doesn't work unfortunately. That icon will not go away. Yet ANOTHER  S22 Ultra-problem. 

0 Likes
ECinSF
Apprentice
Options

Yeah. I just got rid of it (the Secure Folder app). Sick of Samsung trying to tell me what I can or can't do with MY phone, especially when it costs so much now. Really considering going with an older model and brand next time....

Quit the sheet
First Poster
Options

I'll tell you why bro. It's because they loop so many bloody levels of stupidness to make you create an account. 

Then ohhhhh you need to join a specific community that you don't know of. 

So you make one up like me. Then more bull sheet and so on so on. 

This is counter intuitive at best. For a very very long time. Ssung need to get their sheets in order before they get laundered! 

Puns intended all the way to the laundromat and back. 

(Who wants to post about a secure folder when we're all trying to ENHANCE OUR SECURITY AND HAVE LESS KNOWLEDGE TRANSFERRED YOU F MORONS) 

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH