Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop 'Check your Microsoft account' notification

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 08:45 AM)
Annoyed5
Apprentice
Options

Just recently I've started to receive an annoying notification on my S20 telling me to 'Check my Microsoft account' which is trying to get me to link a Microsoft account to my device. I don't want to. Yet this notification will not stop no matter how many times I dismiss it.

All notifications for any Samsung apps on the phone are switched on and greyed out so I can't turn them off. This one appears to be coming from Samsung Cloud.

Does anyone know how to stop this notification besides actually linking a Microsoft account?

Why do Samsung insist on forcing garbage down it's users throats? Why should I have to link a Microsoft account? These notifications are tantamount to harrasment. I wouldn't be expected to put up with constant phone calls or text message telling me to do this, so why should I have to put up with these constant notifications interrupting my day? I'm effectively being held to ransom by Samsung. If I don't do what they want me to, they are going to continue to harras me.

Samsung - stop this nonsense. Allow people to choose for themselves!

37 REPLIES 37
Demmy1975
Apprentice
Options

My solution worked for me. I never had a notification again since then.

0 Likes
Ertehe
First Poster
Options

I did what was suggested, see how it goes. It seems to have worked because I can't find anymore the flow I followed to unlink it, it wasn't the easiest but it was there, in Samsung Cloud app, unlink OneDrive/Microsoft account.
And yeah, I hate when Samsung/Android/Microsoft push you badly to send them your data or to use their voice assistants, it's like "You don't have to but I will make your life miserable until you do" which makes me really suspicious about all these "free" services, if they are so desperate for you to use them it can't be just to help you out.

0 Likes
Tumbleweed13
First Poster
Options

Samsung cloud is ending. They're trying to get you to switch to another cloud service before it runs out. Once Samsung cloud ends, all of your cloud data will be deleted. If you go into Samsung cloud and read the news it will give you the timeliness and explain what's happening. You don't have to pick Microsoft cloud, or any cloud, they're just trying to give you plenty of warning.

0 Likes
Grrl
First Poster
Options

I'm in the same boat. A few months after I got my S20, it started. It's been like 2 months, and the ***** thing won't go away. Most options are grayed out, and everything I unselect (that I can unselect), including force stop, within minutes it simply comes back again and resets itself to show notifications, etc. It doesn't make sense.

Two months ago, I had a different incessant pop-up notification that seems to have enraged thousands of other users too. Then one day it magically stopped.

I keep thinking that whenever I update my phone they will finally send a fix for this new Samsung Cloud one, and yet they just don't. I've had other issues and complaints on this forum, and Samsung simply stopped helping and replying.

Never, in my nearly 25 years of having cell phones, have I had a phone with so many problems as with Samsung. In fact, I don't remember really having ANY problems with other phones. But from day one with Samsung, it's always been something. It blows my mind that this is such a respected brand. These things should be simple. 

SAMSUNG, please FIX THIS!

Thomas1957
Student
Options

I also have this annoying problem. I try to stop the notifications in the app settings BUT the button is on, greyed out so I cannot turn it off. ABSOLUTELY HATE THESE ANNOYING SAMSUNG FEATURES !!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

This procedure worked for me on my A52 5G...

Sign in to (MS Live Account) https://account.live.com/consent/Manage?uaid=b29a4cb90d334933b4a315307649f62d

Edit Samsung Cloud> Remove.

Anything Samsung permission related I denied access and removed.

I then went into my phone settings>apps>samsung cloud>storage and deleted data.

Never got another notification.

Naman27
First Poster
Options

Same happened with me also 

0 Likes
CSharp
First Poster
Options

THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!! COERCION & BULLYING BY SAMSUNG. DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! The above instructions don't work for me. Nothing to unlink!

0 Likes
Lisakoivv
First Poster
Options

I went to the cloud and turned off gallery which it was trying to sync too. This has appeared to fix it!

0 Likes
mickfin
Journeyman
Options
This was driving me crazy, here is the answer, go to settings-accounts and backup-manage accounts-samsung accounts-my profile-linked accounts, you should now see Microsoft account, unlink it