Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop 'Check your Microsoft account' notification

(Topic created on: 03-08-2021 06:09 AM)
Annoyed5
Apprentice
Options

Just recently I've started to receive an annoying notification on my S20 telling me to 'Check my Microsoft account' which is trying to get me to link a Microsoft account to my device. I don't want to. Yet this notification will not stop no matter how many times I dismiss it.

All notifications for any Samsung apps on the phone are switched on and greyed out so I can't turn them off. This one appears to be coming from Samsung Cloud.

Does anyone know how to stop this notification besides actually linking a Microsoft account?

Why do Samsung insist on forcing garbage down it's users throats? Why should I have to link a Microsoft account? These notifications are tantamount to harrasment. I wouldn't be expected to put up with constant phone calls or text message telling me to do this, so why should I have to put up with these constant notifications interrupting my day? I'm effectively being held to ransom by Samsung. If I don't do what they want me to, they are going to continue to harras me.

Samsung - stop this nonsense. Allow people to choose for themselves!

37 REPLIES 37
DJHPILOT
Student
Options

Same problem, started out of the blue after owning the phone for a few months.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I am also being driven nuts by this.
Satolah
First Poster
Options

Hey Samsung... I am NOT INTERESTED in linking my Samsung and Microsoft accounts. Please give me the option of opting out and getting rid of this repeating, annoying, persistent notification. This is asinine and I'm obviously not alone.

Demmy1975
Apprentice
Options

Same here, it's driving me nuts! I don't even have a Microsoft account!! Problem started with my latest Samsung S21. Have you receieved a solution to it yet?

DJHPILOT
Student
Options

No solution, hopefully someone will wake up.

Demmy1975
Apprentice
Options

I think I found the solution in the meantime. You need to go to your Samsung Cloud app and unlink the Microsoft account. Mine remembered  one back from a few years ago and that prompted the notifications. You can also click on the settings button next to the notification to do so. I finally got rid of the notifications which I could not swipe away. Hopefully this is the permanent solution.  Good luck.

(2)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
This does not help. I got to my Samsung cloud app and find no link. There is no settings button on the unwanted notification
lshem
First Poster
Options

This is driving me crazy. Tried unliking and re-linking in outlook. I want to turn this ***** OFF.

Demmy1975
Apprentice
Options

Sorry 🥲 It worked for me. No notifications ever again. 

0 Likes