Original topic:

Split screen on galaxy S20 ultra

(Topic created on: 16-01-2021 07:28 AM)
Hgb90
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hello,

When I split my screen on other android devices I usually can choose from recently opened apps, but on my S20 Ultra I get a long list of apps or have to only choose from my edge panel. When I deactivated my edge panel, I still did not not get my recent apps, I got a long list of apps to choose from. Also, once I choose an app, I cannot change it. To change an app is split view I have to start over and split then choose again. In the past I used to just click on the 3 lines and get recent apps to replace one of the split screens.

How do I get my device to view recent apps when I split screen? And how do I change my split screen by using the 3 lines button instead of starting all over again?

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have just tried this just a second ago basically you got to drag your app from recent movie you may see a box open above it don't put it in there just move it away and release the app and it should open while it's in split screen
0 Likes
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
if you go to community I am uploading a video just to help in any sort of way but you got to make sure I first that it's in a split screen then you can choose any app from the control edge panel and just drag it down below and it should open it even recent apps to
0 Likes
Hgb90
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I don't want to choose from the edge panel, I want it to open my recent taps.

0 Likes
Hgb90
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I don't see any recent apps when I split my screen, I only get my edge panel or an app list.

I want to choose from recent open tabs.

0 Likes
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I'm not sure on that but at the very top of the edge panel there's four apps would be a recent I shall have a look myself but I know for the fact s at the very top of the edge panel the four apps on its own are recent apps
0 Likes
Hgb90
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes, there are 4 apps in my edge panel, but still I don't want to choose from the edge panel. I want to choose from all my recent apps and want to be able to change my split apps. I prefer the recent taps coz I can see all the taps with previews, and I can later change and resellect my multi window.

0 Likes
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
basically what you do is use your phone as normal open your app then close it but don't fully close it then choose another app and so on and so on but then choose wanna put it in split screen then keep your phone on the screen push up and you'll see a symbol then release it then you can actually scroll sideways see all your recent apps what was opened it

20210116_095730.jpg

Screenshot_20210116-095253_Game Launcher.jpg

Screenshot_20210116-095243_BBC iPlayer.jpg

0 Likes
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
just this minute done a new video this is the only other option what works with the recent apps uploaded it on committee conversation problem solve page
0 Likes
Hgb90
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Still did not work for me. I do not get that symbol to choose recent apps.

0 Likes